Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive space dissapering rapidly! 0 bytes remain.

• Please log in to reply

Arukado

Arukado

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

Windows Vista
Toshiba Satellite L335D
AMD Turion X2Dual Core
32 bit os

This morning i had around 800 mb space left on my hd when i placed it in sleep mode. I woke it in the afternoon and about 1-2 hrs later i started running out of HD space and getting the windows pop up. I was down to about 80mb. I then cleared my internet browsers cache and it went back up to about 170mb and then started dropping. It was dropping at around 1mb a second.I could not find out what was doing this and it eventually went all the way down to 0 bytes left on HD. I have run an avg virus scan and spybot and found nothing. the only way i can create hd space is by deleting files but then the space is taken up again. I tried to run OTL from a usb stick but i get a "not enough space on disk" error. I have the option of deleting something if needed to run the program but I will await further instructions 1st. Any and all help is appreciated.

Advertisements