Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

netbook wont boot up

• Please log in to reply

vickstar

vickstar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my netbook wont boot up. it will turn on and then scans through computer files tries to do something and starts scanning files again. it has done this once before and i took it to get fixed and was told it was due to hard drive being full so i have since put a mini sd card in to expand the storage. however now that it has happened again i tied putting an 8gb mini sd into slot instead of the usual 4gb hoping this would fix the problem but it hasnt. do i need to wipe hard drive? help im not great with laptops

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If your Hard drive is to full like you were told then the only way to remedy this situation is to get rid of unnecessary programs and files to leave at least 15% free space on your HDD.

Putting the 8gb mini sd card will not help unless you are able to tranfers files on it, windows will not automatically do it for you it has to be done manually.

Did you try running windows in safe mode, maybe you will be able to boot and then tranfer your personal file on the mini sd and uninstall any program you do not use. Also download the program ATF cleaner to help clean your pc.

Hope that will help, if not please ask any question and supply all the information you can so we can help you better.