Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random crashes

• Please log in to reply

omer681

omer681

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
In the recent time, my computer multiple (random?) crashes, mostly during the night. They're mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUALs.
I've attached a ZIP of 5 dump files from C:\Windows\Minidump. I tried debugging themselves myself but didn't have much success. Please note that I was playing games during some of the crashes (I can't tell which ones).
Also, I got the MEMORY.DMP file from the latest crash - I can't attach it since it's around 630MB, but I can debug it if someone can instruct me.
I hope you could help me to solve this problem. Thanks, Omer.

Attached Files

Edited by omer681, 11 August 2011 - 03:36 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello omer681.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :)
:unsure: :yes:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.

Lets get a clearer picture of what is happening.

Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.

Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes
WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

omer681

omer681

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: OMER-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 4293386240 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1880080384

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 11/08/2011 14:19:33 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\081111-95472-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0x7BE5F) 
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF8804A031DF4, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8800196BE5F)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time. 

On Thu 11/08/2011 14:19:33 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0x7BE5F) 
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF8804A031DF4, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8800196BE5F)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time. 

On Wed 10/08/2011 11:42:31 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\081011-47003-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x1F3A71) 
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF96000213A71, 0xFFFFF88007C4A200, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. 

On Wed 10/08/2011 10:09:00 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\081011-66019-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7FD00) 
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x14, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88001571561)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time. 

On Tue 09/08/2011 02:05:32 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080911-106423-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ataport.sys (ataport+0x12980) 
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF88000E35980, 0x0, 0xFFFFFA80044D5620)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ataport.sys
description: ATAPI Driver Extension
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

On Sat 06/08/2011 09:37:29 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080611-47502-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: kl1.sys (kl1+0x1B8AF7) 
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8800447BAF7)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\kl1.sys
product: Kaspersky Anti-Virus
company: Kaspersky Lab
description: Kaspersky Unified Driver
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: kl1.sys (Kaspersky Unified Driver, Kaspersky Lab). 
Google query: kl1.sys Kaspersky Lab DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Fri 29/07/2011 14:01:55 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072911-41075-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF88000EA9980, 0x0, 0xFFFFFA8004538620)
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

On Fri 29/07/2011 08:50:54 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072911-61464-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7FCD0) 
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time. 

On Thu 28/07/2011 20:56:38 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072911-56409-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x824DA) 
Bugcheck code: 0x1000009F (0x4, 0x258, 0xFFFFFA80036DFB60, 0xFFFFF80000B9C4D0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR

On Wed 20/07/2011 07:56:48 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072011-56035-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF88000E35980, 0x0, 0xFFFFFA800455A620)

On Sun 17/07/2011 16:21:42 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071711-59545-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF880053547E3)

On Sun 17/07/2011 12:59:16 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071711-56628-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF88003C097E3)

On Sun 17/07/2011 07:55:54 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071711-60122-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: klif.sys (klif+0xD3E0) 
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF880016983E0, 0xFFFFF88008A3ED30, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\klif.sys
product: Kaspersky™ Anti-Virus ®
company: Kaspersky Lab
description: Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wlh_AMD64]
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code. 
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: klif.sys (Klif Mini-Filter [fre_wlh_AMD64], Kaspersky Lab). 
Google query: klif.sys Kaspersky Lab SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

On Sat 16/07/2011 14:37:00 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071611-73897-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF88000DD1980, 0x0, 0xFFFFFA80044F1620)

On Sat 16/07/2011 13:18:42 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071611-64631-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFF80000003, 0xFFFFF88000C12980, 0x0, 0xFFFFFA80044E5620)

By the way, it didn't ask me to install any debugger. I guess I already have it installed from Windbg.
Also, it seems that some of the crashes are missing from the minidump folder - I don't know why, but I think most of them were the IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EUQAL ones.

Edited by omer681, 11 August 2011 - 04:19 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm interesting Kaspersky is causing a couple of them. :)
The others are Os related but I have a sneaking suspicion your Av is the culprit.
Are you super attached to Kaspersky or is it a paid version?

omer681

omer681

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hmm interesting Kaspersky is causing a couple of them. :)
The others are Os related but I have a sneaking suspicion your Av is the culprit.
Are you super attached to Kaspersky or is it a paid version?

I don't what "super attached" means but my Kaspersky is paid and I use a legit license. (Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations)

Edited by omer681, 11 August 2011 - 04:36 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What I meant was are you really wanting to keep it but since it is the paid version then I'm guessing you are not wanting to give it up for something else.

Lets go through and see what else we can find.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

omer681

omer681

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Posted Image
1. Everest gave me Unsigned Driver "error"
2. I don't need such detailed instructions
--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version                                           EVEREST v2.20.405/he
    Homepage                                          http://www.lavalys.com/
    Report Type                                       Quick Report
    Computer                                          OMER-PC
    Generator                                         Omer
    Operating System                                  Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition 6.1.7601
    Date                                              2011-08-12
    Time                                              01:49

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
      Operating System                                  Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition
      OS Service Pack                                   -
      DirectX                                           4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
      Computer Name                                     OMER-PC
      User Name                                         Omer

Motherboard:
      CPU Type                                          2x Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2833 MHz
      Motherboard Name                                  Unknown
      Motherboard Chipset                               Unknown
      System Memory                                     4096 MB
      BIOS Type                                         Unknown

Display:
      Video Adapter                                     ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
      Video Adapter                                     ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
      Monitor                                           SyncMaster 2494LW(Digital) [NoDB]  (HVDSB03218)

Multimedia:
      Audio Adapter                                     High Definition Audio Controller [NoDB]
      Audio Adapter                                     High Definition Audio Controller [NoDB]

Storage:
      IDE Controller                                    Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 27DF
      IDE Controller                                    Intel(R) 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller - 27C0
      SCSI/RAID Controller                              AOJ7BFNA IDE Controller
      Disk Drive                                        -snip
      Disk Drive                                        -snip-
      Optical Drive                                     NAZIL FG5EZOHAVCHI SCSI CdRom Device
      Optical Drive                                     NAZIL FG5EZOHAVCHI SCSI CdRom Device
      SMART Hard Disks Status                           OK

Input:
      Keyboard                                          HID Keyboard Device
      Mouse                                             Logitech HID-compliant M500 Laser Mouse

Network:
      Network Adapter                                   Hamachi Network Interface  (5.11.62.181)
      Network Adapter                                   Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller  (10.0.0.1)

Peripherals:
      Printer                                           Fax
      Printer                                           HP Officejet J6400 series fax
      Printer                                           HP Officejet J6400 series
      Printer                                           HPE299AE (HP Officejet J6400 series)
      Printer                                           Microsoft XPS Document Writer
      Printer                                           Send To OneNote 2010
      USB1 Controller                                   Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8 [NoDB]
      USB1 Controller                                   Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9 [NoDB]
      USB1 Controller                                   Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA [NoDB]
      USB1 Controller                                   Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB [NoDB]
      USB2 Controller                                   Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC [NoDB]
      USB Device                                        Logitech Microphone (QuickCam)
      USB Device                                        Logitech USB Camera (QuickCam)
      USB Device                                        Logitech USB M500 Laser Mouse
      USB Device                                        QuickCam
      USB Device                                        Razer Lycosa
      USB Device                                        Razer Lycosa
      USB Device                                        USB Composite Device
I removed info about my hard disks because it's not necessary in my opinion. There is enough space left in C and in the rest of the partitions.

HD4890 1GB
Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Gigabyte P31-S3G
4GB RAM

Attached Files

Edited by omer681, 11 August 2011 - 04:54 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

2. I don't need such detailed instructions

:) I'm sorry I don't understand :unsure:

OK very first thing I noticed in your Autoruns is Utorrent and that automatically sends up a red flag for a possible infection.
But I will continue on with my side to check everything first.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Background info courtesy of DonnaB Thank you

As for TFC, this is a tidbit of an article I found a while back by a MicroSoft MVP.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB).

Before running, it will stop Explorer and all other running applications. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.
-- TFC only cleans temp folders.
-- TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged
Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted results.
http://auslogics.com...defrag/download

omer681

omer681

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
1. Why uTorrent means an infection? It's a program I regularly use to download various things.
2. After I'll finish the instructions you gave me, what should I do? Give you the defrag's log?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

1. Why uTorrent means an infection? It's a program I regularly use to download various things.

Torrents are notorious for having hidden infections that may not be caught by standard Av programs. Some are hidden as legit files so they are not found by regular AV programs.

2. After I'll finish the instructions you gave me, what should I do? Give you the defrag's log?

Nope we move on to the next step which is to make sure the system files are all good.

Go HERE and read the tutorial that shows how to do SFC or System File Checker and running in a Elevated Command Prompt in Vista and Win7.

Advertisements

omer681

omer681

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I've attached the SFC log for the third run, I'm not sure what to do now.
By the way, thanks for letting me know about TFC - it deleted 7.7GB temp files.

Attached Files

• Attached File  CBS.log   685.21KB   166 downloads

omer681

omer681

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I just had another DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash, so it seems it didn't fix the problem. (Could it crashed because of overheating? I played a game when it crashed)
edit: Now I got another one for usbuhci.sys.
I think that these drivers aren't the real cause - I think that someone needs to debug one of the minidumps to find out the real cause.

Edited by omer681, 12 August 2011 - 03:42 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Overheating is not the issue as your temps are good.
You could clean the system out paying close attention tot he fans on the CPU and PSU. Double check the temps using the following program.

Please download and run Hardware Monitor
Installation (setup version only)
HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed.
The program handles the most common sensor chips, like ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs, and others. In addition, it can read modern CPUs on-die core thermal sensors, as well has hard drives temperature via S.M.A.R.T, and video card GPU temperature.
Take a new screenshot with the sensor window open.

After that then please do the following.

If you have more than one RAM module installed, try starting computer with one RAM stick at a time.

NOTE Keep in mind, the manual check listed above is always superior to the software check, listed below. DO NOT proceed with memtest, if you can go with option A

B. If you have only one RAM stick installed...
...run memtest...

1. Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)
2. Unzip downloaded memtest86+-2.11.iso.zip file.
3. Inside, you'll find memtest86+-2.11.iso file.
4. Download, and install ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
5. Insert blank CD into your CD drive.
6. Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc
7. Click on Browse for a file... icon:

Posted Image

8. Locate memtest86+-2.11.iso file, and click Open button.
9. Click on ImgBurn green arrow to start burning bootable memtest86 CD:

Posted Image

10. Once the CD is created, boot from it, and memtest will automatically start to run. You may have to change the boot sequence in your BIOS to make it work right.

To change Boot Sequence in your BIOS

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced area and click Enter
Look for Boot Sequence or Boot Options and highlight that click Enter
Now highlight the first drive and follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to CDrom.
Change the second drive to the C or Main Drive
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

The running program will look something like this depending on the size and number of ram modules installed:

Posted Image

It's recommended to run 5-6 passes. Each pass contains very same 8 tests.

This will show the progress of the test. It can take a while. Be patient, or leave it running overnight.

Posted Image

The following image is the test results area:

Posted Image

The most important item here is the “errors” line. If you see ANY errors, even one, most likely, you have bad RAM.

omer681

omer681

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Can I boot it this way but with a disc-on-key? Because my CD drive doesn't work. Also, does it work with Windows 64bit?
Should I download the most recent version? (4.2)

Edited by omer681, 12 August 2011 - 04:47 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
As long as your system is capable of booting to a usb device in the bios then yes.