Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel: Automatically Saving as Web Page

• Please log in to reply

Danimagus

Danimagus

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello all--Judging by the subject headings I see in this forum, I can tell that my problem is a relatively simple one. Well, hopefully, anyway.

I suppose I ought to simply say what I'd like to have Excel do and perhaps some of you could tell me how that might be accomplished.

Currently, I've successfully created a network of spreadsheets, where the value of one cell is pulled and copied into another cell in another spreadsheet (that value is then used to create a graph). The goal is to export that spreadsheet (the one containing the pulled value and resulting graph) as an html document, and to have this happen automatically.

So far, I've created a macro that saves any number of spreadsheets to html whenever it's run, but this isn't quite good enough. I'd like to have this document save as html automatically, whenever there is a change to one of the source spreadsheets (the ones from which cells are copied).

Does anyone know how this might be done?

Advertisements

Danimagus

Danimagus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I've managed to get the files to save as html after either a certain amount of time or at a certain time. Now, immensely awesome a feat as this is, I'd still like to create a macro that causes files to be saved as html whenever they're changed and saved in the conventional sense. Suggestions?

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
what do u mean

after u type something in ?

w8 do u get the data from somewhere esle?

Danimagus

Danimagus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
What I've got going is a couple of interconnected spreadsheets. The one I'm working on updates a couple cells to match corresponding ones from another, separate spreadsheet. This works just fine--I'd like to create a macro that causes *my* spreadsheet to save as HTML whenever someone makes a change and saves one of those other worksheets mine's connected to. Make sense?

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
theres vb code that allows for the workbook to detect a cell change

Stu Design

take alook in built in vb editor and select Thisworkbook

click the second combo box and select SheetChange

you should see this

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)

hope thats a little help

Stu Design

End Sub