Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 2003 Logs In Then Immediately Logs Off

• Please log in to reply

blsimpson

blsimpson

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I have multiple machines running Windows 2003 Standard. On a fresh install, when it finishes, and I go to login, it flashes for a second, and then says saving settings, and logging out.
Anyone have any ideas on it? I already looked at the Windows XP thread that was started, but it wasnt able to help me out.
Thanks,
Ben

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
which thread, and why wasn't it able to help you out?

blsimpson

blsimpson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
This thread:
Windows XP Logs In Then Immediately Logs Off

And it being a fresh install, just basic components, I shouldnt have Malware or spyware or anything on it. I did look though, and didnt see anything that was there. Its not a big deal for me to just re-install, as it is a engineers machine, and not very important, but I would like to know what causes this.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts

it is a engineers machine, and not very important...

View Post

:tazz: ;) ;) :)

I dunno know why, but that really hit my funny bone.

Anyway, since it is a new machine, I suspect something in winlogon is just corrupt---reinstall. It happens.

blsimpson

blsimpson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Ok. Thanks for the reply.