Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista Update Errors

• Please log in to reply

tigger3370

tigger3370

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Hi. I recently wiped my computer and reinstalled Vista on my old computer for my daughter to use. Since then, I've benn unable to get two Windows updates to install.

KB97137 , error 80070020 and KB2536275 , error 80073712

I've been searching on-line, but with no luck so far. If you need any further info, just ask and I'll be happy to give it. Anything to get rid of these errors!

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!
Jason

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you receive Windows Update error 80070020, the cause might be a that program running on your computer is interfering with Windows Update. This is often a simple timing problem, and it can be solved by restarting your computer and running Windows Update again.

If you continue to receive error 80070020 after restarting your computer and running Windows Update, the interfering program or programs might be running automatically when you first start your computer. You can try disabling programs one at a time then try updating, with reboots, after resetting the program back to normal if it didn't help, to try finding which program is interfering. Also read this microsoft site.

http://windows.micro...-error-80070020

Windows Update error 80073712

If you receive error 80073712 when you try to install Windows Vista updates, the Windows component store is corrupt.

http://windows.micro...-error-80073712

SRX660

tigger3370

tigger3370

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
error 80070020

Tried everything listed and no luck. I could not get the Windows Update to work when I booted the computer in safe mode with networking.

error 80073712

Tried everything listed for this error and still no luck.