Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus affecting most systems including start menu , keyboard, mouse

• Please log in to reply

asjz

asjz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm typing this from my parents computer as I can not type anything on mine. Any field where you can type automatically fills up with zzzzzzzzz. If I click on the start menu it automatically flashes white and says searching. If I try to open anything User Account Control pops up stating "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes?". I can only open things by right clicking. No tool bars or the taskbar is showing up in Internet Explorer except for the command bar eventhough they are checked off. Any drop down menus like favorites or history or if I'm fast enought to get into documents or pictures automatically scrolls to the bottom and won't let me move the slider bar up. Task manager doesn't open when I push control alt delete. The scroll button on my mouse doesn't scroll just highlights. I think I can still copy and paste from my computer especially if I'm quick. I did manage to download OTL.

Advertisements