Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes causing temp spike: 80 degrees +!

• Please log in to reply

daba

daba

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
My Dell laptop 1526 normally runs around 56-60 degrees, hitting 70+ occasionally due to heavy CPU use. However, after the latest iTunes upgrade, never before, everytime I run iTunes the temperature goes through the roof hitting the higher 80s! I wrote to Apple: no answer. I uninstalled and re-installed, no change. I used Revo Installer to get rid of superfluous programs, my computer runs faster as a result but no change to the situation. Right now, I'm not running iTunes and the temp is 56, despite receiving a streaming radio BBC radio feed. If I open the iTunes within seconds it will hit 80. I've removed a bunch of playlists, didn't make a halfpenneth of difference. Any ideas, wise ones in the dome?

Advertisements