Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spoolsv keeps corrupting on Boot - error 1053 (?)

• Please log in to reply

chapinwales

chapinwales

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
This problem has been troubling me now for weeks and I am really frustrated.
The problem is with ‘spoolsv’ preventing printing.
Running the ‘sfc/scannow’ utility, then starting the spoolsv service cures the problem until re-booting when printing is not available again – back to square one. The spoolsv file now appears to be corrupted and is 43 KB in size with a signature being Phoenix Technologies – after running ‘sfc/scannow’ (printing now available) ‘spoolsv.exe’ is now 545 KB with the signature being Microsoft. On re-boot the Phoenix spoolsv is back.
The non-corrupted Microsoft spoolsv.exe, after re-boot is now spoolsv.exe.org.
Attempting to start the spooler service (after re-boot) gives the error message:
“Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.”
I have trawled the net for solutions but with no affect.
On one occasion after deleting the corrupt Phoenix spoolsv and re-naming the Microsoft spoolsv.exe.org as spoolsv.exe printing was available on re-boot for about 6 times then the problem reappeared. I can’t seem to replicate this!
I have also re-installed Windows – problem solved, for a while then its back after a few re-boots.
I don’t think it is a printer problem (HP Photosmart S4280) since I still have the problem after uninstalling with Microsoft Fax and XPS Document Writer (they disappear from the Devices & Printer screen). Installing a Canon IP4500 also acts in the same way.
I thought I may have a virus or malware. I have been through this problem with Dakeyras in the ‘geeks to go’ malware forum see:
http://www.geekstogo...09#entry2047009

I appear to be virus/malware free.
The PC is a Dell Laptop Studio 1555 running Windows 7 64 bit.
Any help would really be appreciated.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
See if these instructions help you http://answers.micro...bc-95933b068c3e

chapinwales

chapinwales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks Jacee for your suggestion.
I have run through the suggestions contained in the link with some but not permanent success.
Turning on LPD and LPR in itself did not work.
Editing the registry to remove printers (except using the 64 bit key):
Start -> Run - Regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> ControlSet001 ->
Control -> Print -> Environments -> Windows NT x86 -> Version -3 -> Remove
All Printers From Here
And
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers – Delete ALL the subkeys
And
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Drivers - Delete ALL the subkeys
And
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Print Processors --> Delete ALL the subkeys
This worked but only for a few re-boots and/or a short time after which the problem reappears. This happens with and without a printer installed. I can with a bit of fiddling/repeating the registry change replicate this correction. Also going back to a restore point created after the registry change also brings me back to a working spooler but only for a time.
A small and probable irrelevant point is that all the literature refers to the service as ‘Print Spooler’ whilst on my system its ‘Spooler’
This almost appears to be a creeping problem. One seems to solve the problem then it returns and it increasingly difficult to replicate. Whilst composing this post a system restore I was doing does not now seem to work! This is the reason I first posted the problem in the Malware forum.
Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP

I have run AVG anti-virus.......and Norton internet security and nothing has been found

Uninstall one of these anti-virus programs. They are resource hogs and will fight for your system's resources. They could possibly detect each other's virus definitions.

Make sure that which ever Anti-virus you keep, it isn't blocking the printer. Also, disable Windows Defender (in Services)

chapinwales

chapinwales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi
I think I may have misled you, I do not have both Norton and AVG antivirus on my PC at the same time, I am currently using Norton. Switching off Windows defender has no affect on the problem.
The problem occurs whether I have a printer installed or not - spoolsv still corrupts.
Thanks for your help

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Try a 'repair' install http://www.sevenforu...ir-install.html

This will show you how to do a repair install (aka: in-place upgrade install) to fix your currently installed Windows 7 and preserve your user accounts, data, programs, and system drivers.

chapinwales

chapinwales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Jacee
Don’t think I can do since I only have a Dell Restore disc (widows 7 being on my hard disc). I think I can only do a clean install.
I have, a few weeks ago already done a clean install but, as with every other ‘solution’ the fix only lasts a half dozen boots or so before the spoolsv problem reappears.
Worth another try?
I keep thinking ‘registry’ – ‘BIOS’ – ‘hardware’
What do you think?
Thanks

chapinwales

chapinwales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi
I have not done a (clean) Windows install as suggested – might have to eventually.
I have found a solution (?) probably more of a work around
I have turned off Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for spoolsv.exe and then Spoolsv did not corrupt/crash. Then after about half a dozen boots the problem was back!
Remembering Dakeyras advice I made spoolsv read only.
Since then spoolsv has not corrupted so far!- a day.
Does this give a clue to the real cause of the problem?
Is this risky in that is it making my PC vulnerable to viruses etc.?
Any comments would be appreciated
Thanks Jacee

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Read this article http://windowssecret...lement-of-risk/

chapinwales

chapinwales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Jacee
Thanks for the reply, point taken.
This ‘fix’ did not work the problem has come back as it as on all previous occasions after finding a solution! I have now reversed this.
My latest solution is to increase the timeout value – ServicesPipeTimeout value in the registry. Thid seemed to work by giving it a value of 1 min – but then after a few boots the problem returned. I am now at a value of 4 min and it seems to be holding – but I am not holding my breath.
There is one think I don’t understand – why when the ‘corruption’ of spoolsv occurs that the good version of spoolsv is kept as a dot org with it being replaced with another version, signature Phoenix (is this connected to the BIOS which is Phoenix?) – delete the Phoenix spoolsv, change the dot org back to dot exe and the printer works.
Thanks for your continued interest

Advertisements

chapinwales

chapinwales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi
Failed again! Whatever I seem to do at best it cures the problem for 6 or so boots, then the problem comes back.
I have now reinstalled Windows – and I still have the problem!
I’m now totally lost and getting more frustrated by the day - HELP

chapinwales

chapinwales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Update on my Spooling problem since the last post.
After reinstalling Windows (spooling not working) I did a few minor changes – added Norton + choose Chrome as my browser, guess what Spoolsv did not corrupt. The only other changes are numerous Window updates. Then after some 6 – 7 starts the problem has reappeared again.
The one thing I have noticed since the reinstall is that the start of the boot takes a lot longer i.e. the opening screen (showing the DELL trade mark) the progress bar stops about 2/3 away across for several seconds before progressing, then the boot is normal. Probably not significant.
Thanks for your help.

chapinwales

chapinwales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have discovered that the problem does not occur if I close by putting the laptop into hibernation instead of shutting down completely, so it must be something in the start up causing the problem.

The laptop does not have a lot loaded – only the Chrome browser and Norton Internet security. The only non-Microsoft services loaded at start up is the AMD Ext Events Utility and Norton – could one of the Microsoft services be the problem?

My knowledge is not good enough to know what this ‘something’ maybe, so some help or suggestions would really be appreciated.

I think the statement that 'spoolsv corrupts' is inaccurate since deleting the Phoenix Spoolsv and changing the extension of the Microsoft spoolsv from spoolsv.exe.org to spoolsv.exe does solve the problem (until re-booting)

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
I don't know if this will help us find the problem, but download VEW by Vino Rosso http://images.malwar...om/vino/VEW.exe
and save it to your desktop

Double click it to start it Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you will need to right click the file and select Run as administrator and click Continue or Allow at the User Account Control Prompt.

Click the check boxes next to Application and System located under Select log to query on the upper left

Under Select type to list on the right click the boxes next to Error and Warning Note: If running Windows Vista or Windows 7 also click the box next to Critical (not XP).

Under Number or date of events select Number of events and type 20 in the box next to 1 to 20 and click Run

Once it finishes it will display a log file in notepad

Please copy and paste its entire contents into your next reply

chapinwales

chapinwales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Jacee
I’ve done as suggested – one with the Phoenix spoolsv and the other with the Microsoft spoolsv – there is a difference, don’t know if that is significant.
With Phoenix spoolsv:
Vino's Event Viewer v01c run on Windows 2008 in English
Report run at 19/09/2011 19:27:33

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Application' Log - Critical Type
'Application' Log - Information Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:23
Type: Information Category: 1
Event: 1003 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search
The Windows Search Service started.

Type: Information Category: 3
Event: 302 Source: ESENT
Windows (2064) Windows: The database engine has successfully completed recovery steps.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:17
Event: 301 Source: ESENT
Windows (2064) Windows: The database engine has begun replaying logfile C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\MSS.log.

Event: 300 Source: ESENT
Windows (2064) Windows: The database engine is initiating recovery steps.

Event: 102 Source: ESENT
Windows (2064) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0).

Type: Information Category: 0
Event: 5617 Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Windows Management Instrumentation Service subsystems initialized successfully

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:13
Event: 35 Source: NIS
The 'NIS' service has started.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:12
Event: 5615 Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Windows Management Instrumentation Service started sucessfully

Event: 34 Source: NIS
The 'NIS' service is starting.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:08
Event: 6000 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon
The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

Event: 4101 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon
Windows license validated.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:06
Event: 1531 Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service
The User Profile Service has started successfully.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:25:08
Event: 1532 Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service
The User Profile Service has stopped.

Event: 4625 Source: Microsoft-Windows-EventSystem
The EventSystem sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for a duration of 86400 seconds. The suppression timeout can be controlled by a REG_DWORD value named SuppressDuplicateDuration under the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\EventSystem\EventLog.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:25:02
The winlogon notification subscriber <SessionEnv> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:25:02
Event: 9009 Source: Desktop Window Manager
The Desktop Window Manager has exited with code (0x40010004)

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:18:29
Event: 4004 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon
The Windows logon process has failed to terminate the currently logged on user's processes.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 18/09/2011 13:46:09
Event: 8224 Source: VSS
The VSS service is shutting down due to idle timeout.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 18/09/2011 13:42:30
Event: 258 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Defrag
The disk defragmenter successfully completed boot optimization on (C:)

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 18/09/2011 13:36:05
Event: 258 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Defrag
The disk defragmenter successfully completed defragmentation on RECOVERY

'Application' Log - Warning Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:38:04
Type: Warning Category: 7
Event: 508 Source: ESENT
wuaueng.dll (948) SUS20ClientDataStore: A request to write to the file "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log" at offset 519680 (0x000000000007ee00) for 512 (0x00000200) bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time (22693 seconds) to be serviced by the OS. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 13/09/2011 16:27:25
Type: Warning Category: 1
Event: 1008 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search
The Windows Search Service is starting up and attempting to remove the old search index {Reason: Application Requested}.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 13/09/2011 16:24:31
Type: Warning Category: 0
Event: 6004 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon
The winlogon notification subscriber <TrustedInstaller> failed a critical notification event.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/09/2011 23:02:50
The Windows Search Service is starting up and attempting to remove the old search index {Reason: Application Requested}.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/09/2011 20:38:46
The winlogon notification subscriber <TrustedInstaller> failed a critical notification event.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 04/09/2011 13:22:36
Type: Warning Category: 3
Event: 3036 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search
The content source <C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\> cannot be accessed.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
The URL was already processed during this update. If you received this message while processing alerts, then the alerts are redundant, or else Modify should be used instead of Add. (HRESULT : 0x80040d0d) (0x80040d0d)

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 04/09/2011 12:28:17
Event: 1530 Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service
Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards. DETAIL - 1 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-2742660404-3765029268-2200134315-1000:
Process 472 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\winlogon.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2742660404-3765029268-2200134315-1000

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 04/09/2011 12:20:01
The Windows Search Service is starting up and attempting to remove the old search index {Reason: Full Index Reset}.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 04/09/2011 12:14:50
The Windows Search Service is starting up and attempting to remove the old search index {Reason: Full Index Reset}.

'System' Log - Critical Type
'System' Log - Information Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:27:08
Event: 206 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience
The Program Compatibility Assistant service successfully performed phase two initialization.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:27:03
Event: 7036 Source: Service Control Manager
The Application Information service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:31
The Computer Browser service entered the stopped state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:28
The Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service service entered the running state.

Event: 14204 Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service
Service 'WMPNetworkSvc' started.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:27
Type: Information Category: 7005
Event: 20003 Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp
Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service tunnel for Device Instance ID ROOT\*ISATAP\0000 with the following status: 0.

The HomeGroup Provider service entered the running state.

The Function Discovery Provider Host service entered the running state.

The Network Connections service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:25
The IPsec Policy Agent service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:24
The Computer Browser service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:23
The Windows Search service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:23
The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:21
The SSDP Discovery service entered the running state.

The Portable Device Enumerator Service service entered the running state.

The Network List Service service entered the running state.

The Diagnostic Service Host service entered the running state.

The Diagnostic System Host service entered the running state.

The Application Experience service entered the running state.

The Human Interface Device Access service entered the running state.

'System' Log - Warning Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:05
Event: 4 Source: k57nd60a
Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet: The network link is down. Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:25:09
Event: 4001 Source: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig
WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:18:29
Event: 1073 Source: USER32
The attempt by user DellLapTop\moira to restart/shutdown computer DELLLAPTOP failed

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:10:26
Event: 16393 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Bits-Client
BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device. Please check that the device is functioning properly. BITS will not attempt to use this device until the next system reboot. Error code: 0x80072EFD.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:09:54
BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device. Please check that the device is functioning properly. BITS will not attempt to use this device until the next system reboot. Error code: 0x80072EFD.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:09:11

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:08:26

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:07:54

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:07:22

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:06:50

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:05:50

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:00:30
Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet: The network link is down. Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:51:53
Event: 1090 Source: Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy
Windows failed to record Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP) information, which describes the scope of Group Policy objects applied to the computer or user. This could be caused by Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service being disabled, stopped, or other WMI errors. Group Policy settings successfully applied to the computer or user; however, management tools may not report accurately.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:50:57

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:47:00

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:46:12

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:38:27
Event: 1014 Source: Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client
Name resolution for the name teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 08:19:38
Name resolution for the name teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 08:19:05
Name resolution for the name phoenix.failsafe.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/09/2011 16:21:12

Vino's Event Viewer v01c run on Windows 2008 in English
Report run at 19/09/2011 19:32:58

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

'Application' Log - Critical Type
'Application' Log - Information Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:30:29
Event: 1000 Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf
Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were loaded successfully. The Record Data in the data section contains the new index values assigned to this service.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:30:29
Event: 1001 Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf
Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were removed successfully. The Record Data contains the new values of the system Last Counter and Last Help registry entries.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:28:21
Event: 902 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP
The Software Protection service has started. 6.1.7601.17514

Event: 1003 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP
The Software Protection service has completed licensing status check. Application Id=55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f Licensing Status=
1: 01f5fc37-a99e-45c5-b65e-d762f3518ead, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
2: 2e7d060d-4714-40f2-9896-1e4f15b612ad, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
3: 3b965dfc-31d9-4903-886f-873a0382776c, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
4: 586bc076-c93d-429a-afe5-a69fbc644e88, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
5: 5e017a8a-f3f9-4167-b1bd-ba3e236a4d8f, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
6: 5e35dc43-389b-47c5-b889-2088b06738cb, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
7: 6a7d5d8a-92af-4e6a-af4b-8fddaec800e5, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
8: 9ab82e0c-ffc9-4107-baa1-c65a8bd3ccc3, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
9: 9f83d90f-a151-4665-ae69-30b3f63ec659, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
10: a63275f4-530c-48a7-b0d3-4f00d688d151, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
11: b8a4bb91-69b1-460d-93f8-40e0670af04a, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
12: d2c04e90-c3dd-4260-b0f3-f845f5d27d64, 1, 0 [(0 [0x00000000, 1, 0], [(?)(?)( 1 0x00000000 0 0 msft:rm/algorithm/bios/4.0 0x00000000 0)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
13: e68b141f-4dfa-4387-b3b7-e65c4889216e, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
14: ee4e1629-bcdc-4b42-a68f-b92e135f78d7, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
15: 4a8149bb-7d61-49f4-8822-82c7bf88d64b, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]
16: afd5f68f-b70f-4000-a21d-28dbc8be8b07, 1, 0 [(0 [0xC004F014, 0, 0], [(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)(?)])(1 )(2 )]

Event: 1033 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP
These policies are being excluded since they are only defined with override-only attribute. Policy Names=(IIS-W3SVC-MaxConcurrentRequests) (Telnet-Client-EnableTelnetClient) (Telnet-Server-EnableTelnetServer) (TiffIFilterLicensing-EnableTiffIFilter) App Id=55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f Sku Id=d2c04e90-c3dd-4260-b0f3-f845f5d27d64

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:28:20
Event: 1066 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP
Initialization status for service objects. C:\Windows\system32\sppwinob.dll, msft:spp/windowsfunctionality/agent/7.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000
C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:rm/algorithm/phone/1.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000
C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:rm/algorithm/pkey/2005, 0x00000000, 0x00000000
C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:spp/TaskScheduler/1.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000
C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:spp/volume/services/kms/1.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000
C:\Windows\system32\sppobjs.dll, msft:spp/volume/services/kms/licenserenewal/1.0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:28:19
Event: 1 Source: SecurityCenter
The Windows Security Center Service has started.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:28:17
Event: 900 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP
The Software Protection service is starting.

Event: 1003 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search
The Windows Search Service started.

Event: 302 Source: ESENT
Windows (2064) Windows: The database engine has successfully completed recovery steps.

Event: 301 Source: ESENT
Windows (2064) Windows: The database engine has begun replaying logfile C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\MSS.log.

Event: 300 Source: ESENT
Windows (2064) Windows: The database engine is initiating recovery steps.

Event: 102 Source: ESENT
Windows (2064) Windows: The database engine (6.01.7601.0000) started a new instance (0).

Event: 5617 Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Windows Management Instrumentation Service subsystems initialized successfully

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:13
Event: 35 Source: NIS
The 'NIS' service has started.

Event: 5615 Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI
Windows Management Instrumentation Service started sucessfully

Event: 34 Source: NIS
The 'NIS' service is starting.

Event: 4101 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon
Windows license validated.

Event: 1531 Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service
The User Profile Service has started successfully.

'Application' Log - Warning Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:38:04
Type: Warning Category: 7
Event: 508 Source: ESENT
wuaueng.dll (948) SUS20ClientDataStore: A request to write to the file "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log" at offset 519680 (0x000000000007ee00) for 512 (0x00000200) bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time (22693 seconds) to be serviced by the OS. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 13/09/2011 16:27:25

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 13/09/2011 16:24:31

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/09/2011 23:02:50

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/09/2011 20:38:46

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 04/09/2011 13:22:36
Type: Warning Category: 3
Event: 3036 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search
The content source <C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\> cannot be accessed.

Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog

Details:
The URL was already processed during this update. If you received this message while processing alerts, then the alerts are redundant, or else Modify should be used instead of Add. (HRESULT : 0x80040d0d) (0x80040d0d)

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 04/09/2011 12:28:17
Event: 1530 Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service
Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards. DETAIL - 1 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-2742660404-3765029268-2200134315-1000:
Process 472 (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\winlogon.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2742660404-3765029268-2200134315-1000

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 04/09/2011 12:20:01

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 04/09/2011 12:14:50

'System' Log - Critical Type
'System' Log - Information Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:31:30
The Print Spooler service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:29:26
The Windows Time service entered the stopped state.

Event: 1 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General
The system time has changed to ?2011?-?09?-?19T18:29:26.953000000Z from ?2011?-?09?-?19T18:29:26.953187100Z.

Event: 35 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service
The time service is now synchronizing the system time with the time source time.windows.com,0x9 (ntp.m|0x9|0.0.0.0:123->65.55.59.53:123).

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:29:12
Event: 37 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Time-Service
The time provider NtpClient is currently receiving valid time data from time.windows.com,0x9 (ntp.m|0x9|0.0.0.0:123->65.55.59.53:123).

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:29:10
The Windows Time service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:28:21
The Portable Device Enumerator Service service entered the stopped state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:28:20
The Windows Update service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:28:18
The Security Center service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:28:17
The Software Protection service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:28:17
The Windows Font Cache Service service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:27:08
Event: 206 Source: Microsoft-Windows-Application-Experience
The Program Compatibility Assistant service successfully performed phase two initialization.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:27:03
The Application Information service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:31
The Computer Browser service entered the stopped state.

The Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service service entered the running state.

Event: 14204 Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service
Service 'WMPNetworkSvc' started.

Type: Information Category: 7005
Event: 20003 Source: Microsoft-Windows-UserPnp
Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service tunnel for Device Instance ID ROOT\*ISATAP\0000 with the following status: 0.

The HomeGroup Provider service entered the running state.

The Function Discovery Provider Host service entered the running state.

The Network Connections service entered the running state.

'System' Log - Warning Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:26:05

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:25:09

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 19/09/2011 18:18:29
Event: 1073 Source: USER32
The attempt by user DellLapTop\moira to restart/shutdown computer DELLLAPTOP failed

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:10:26

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:09:54

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:09:11

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:08:26

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:07:54

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:07:22

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:06:50

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:05:50

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 15:00:30

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:51:53
Event: 1090 Source: Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy
Windows failed to record Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP) information, which describes the scope of Group Policy objects applied to the computer or user. This could be caused by Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service being disabled, stopped, or other WMI errors. Group Policy settings successfully applied to the computer or user; however, management tools may not report accurately.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:50:57

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:47:00

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:46:12

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 14:38:27

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 08:19:38

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 16/09/2011 08:19:05
Name resolution for the name phoenix.failsafe.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 15/09/2011 16:21:12