Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom Design Avatars etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
OOPS, just a little mistake by me. I'd better write this one down. I think it's the first one! :tazz:

Edited by Go4fall, 17 September 2005 - 02:07 AM.

Advertisements

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Hi Frank,
Here is your Linux Penguin all dressed up for a party, lol. I've made two sizes for you, One is a 100x100pixel which will work as an avatar here. The other is a jpeg file and will easily work in any other format such as email. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend,
SHez
Posted Image Posted Image

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
What does that mean anyway?

Venledar

Venledar

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
TUX is the linux penguin's name. a LAN party, is a party where a bunch of people get together with Xbox's or Computers and hook up a LAN connection to play with each other. So as a joke, he says, He wear's his TUX to LAN parties!

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Oh Okay!

Fat2000

Fat2000

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

[color=purple]Hi Frank,
Here is your Linux Penguin all dressed up for a  party, lol. I've made two sizes for you, One is a 100x100pixel which will work as an avatar here. The other is a jpeg file and will easily work in any other format such as email. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend,
SHez

View Post

:) @Go4fall, Thank you so very much. I can now party in style, :) You are the bomb! :tazz:

I wish there was something I can do for you. I will figure something out. I owe you one. :)

Fat2000

Fat2000

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

TUX is the linux penguin's name. a LAN party, is a party where a bunch of people get together with Xbox's or Computers and hook up a LAN connection to play with each other. So as a joke, he says, He wear's his TUX to LAN parties!

View Post

Thank you Venledar for the explanation. I didn't think anybody would get it. :) To be honest, I belong to CVALE a Linux Group based out of the San Joaquin Valley in the city of Modesto east of San Francisco, South of Sacramento. We are a small group but we do keep active and in contact with other LUG's. Thank you once again for the Definition, you hit the nail on the head. :tazz: Well gotta put on my TUX and get ready to PARTY! :)

:)

Your's Truly,
FAT2000

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
@Frank,
Your gratitude is thanks enough. And the really good laugh that you've shared with us with your hilarious play on words. But, if you want to owe me one, I'll take it, lol. Don't keep Tux up too late, I don't think he's old enough for much partying!
I will have to confess, I only recently learned the terminology which made me privy to why the joke was funny. So, all you others out there who needed Ven's explanation, don't feel badly. And Game freak, thank you for being bold enough to ask! That is an As-wome quality! So many ppl fail to ask about something when they don't understand it because of fear of looking stooooopid. Thereby assuring themselves stooooopidity forever. The only bad questions are those that go unasked. Each day that you learn just one thing, you should count as a successful day.c :tazz:

@Twister3634
Hey there! I bet you thought I had forgotten about you, didn't you? Well, since this the topic at hand is honesty, I'm going to confess that in making a transitional list, you did somehow manage to get overlooked in the process. (But for everyone else, he was the ONLY one, lol) So I sat down to make amends for that tonight. And WOW, did I do you justice. Actually, I went far and above anything that you would ever need. And, if I do say so myself, I made some beautiful images. It's really more like a small movie, lol. And, I'm sad to say that it's far to large to use anywhere. Unless you wanted to post it on a website, but it's 843KB. But I'm really proud of what I put together and I would love to show it off to all of our friends here. I have managed to host the file HERE because it was too large to put in the forum here. I know it's a pain to click on something :) but I'd really like it if some of you would take a look at this and tell me what you think about it. And if you would like any of your unfinished avatars that I've yet to make made in a similar style. I just fell in love with these type of patterns and transitions. I do hope someone will take a peek at it and let me know if you like it or not. I just hate to think that I sat up all night long working on this and that no one will ever even see it :) Silly me. I will chop away at it and show it to you all when it is a decent viewable size. And Twister, thanks for being so patient. I'm really sorry it has taken so long.

Edited by Go4fall, 18 September 2005 - 05:00 AM.

fishface-69

fishface-69

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello newby here!
Is there any way you can do me an animated avatar please? It's for a website so I guess needs to be as small as possible....I'll try & attach what I would like...I've been trying all morning to do this with no joy....ideally I'd like the cat face superimposed onto darth vader with the words "Princess Manu Cat has gone to the dark side...." Would be hugely grateful if you can & at this stage would save tears!

Attached Thumbnails

• fight.jpg

fishface-69

fishface-69

• Pip
  • 6 posts
oops...cat not attached...here she is!

Attached Thumbnails

• manu_cat.jpg

Advertisements

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Hi there Fishface!
Welcome, welcome! I'm so glad that you found us here! We don't want you to have any headaches over a cat head. We can solve that problem for you and would be happy to do so!
Princess Manu is a beuatiful cat. She is such a lovely color of gray. May I ask how old she is? My cat, Boo, was snooping over my shoulder and saw her pic and said she would like to meet Princess Manu . But, let me tell you while Boo isn't watching, Boo can have very bad manners at times, and I really wouldn't recommend it! I'll just tell Boo a polite "Thanks but no thanks" if that OK. :tazz: She already has enough friends . Although I worry about the company she keeps sometimes. But if Princess Manu has gone over to the dark side, she just might fit right in with my evil child! Here is a pic from one of her recent visits with one of her friends. Honestly, I don't know where she learns such language!:
Posted Image
OK, enough cat fun, back to business. The image of Darth Vadar is too small and the resolution is too poor to put together a good image for you. Could you please, pretty please, find another Darth Vadar pic that you like for us to use? It doesn't matter what size it is. It's fine if it is large. The Princess Manu pic is great! And the project is easily do-able. So, please find another Darth and post it for us and we will put the two together. I love your concept with this one. I think it will turn out to be as-wome! (that's the current buzz word around here for fantastic, you've got to try using it also!) Again, welcome to GTG, you'll find a LOT of very useful things here. And such really lovely ppl! :)

Edited by Go4fall, 19 September 2005 - 02:20 AM.

Go4fall

Go4fall

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
@ Canadian_Bit,
Hey Glo :tazz: ,
Here's what I put together for you just like we talked about. I added the little flare in the corner as my salute to the Aurora Borealis, otherwise known as "The Northern Lights". Should you happen not to like it, I can take it away without any trouble. I thought it added a nice flare, (pun intended, lol) This falls under the size limits for this forum at 85kb and 100x50 pixels. I Think it suits you well. IT's unique and colorful. Sorry there's no snake bashing going on, lol. But do be careful of those one eyed snakes. I hear their bites can lead to lengthy bouts of hysteria!! The only thing missing from your personality is something funny about it. But, you never know what little surprises I might be back with, so look out, lol. You might be seeing different versions of this in the future wiith other things on it! Do enjoy, and I will talk with you soon, you as-wome, sweet, whacky, geeky transplant! hugz! shez
Posted Image

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Dear Shaz,
When do you think you can finish the logo for me? I really need one! I have changed my site so please visit and see what suits!

Thanks
Game Freak

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Double Post!

Edited by Game_Freak, 25 September 2005 - 04:03 PM.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Triple Post!

Edited by Game_Freak, 25 September 2005 - 04:03 PM.