Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advent 7113 Won't boot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

boyob32

boyob32

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

To cut a long story short, my friend at work spilt coffee on his laptop and following that he was unable to use the button 'h'. Because of this he was unable to log onto windows as his password is higgins!

He took it uponhimself to then try messing with system restores and gods knows what else, before finally destoying his laptop.

Now when you load up it asks for a password. I assume its a bios password as you get the same request pressing f2 or f12. He has never used or changed this password, so my question is, is there a default password and if not how the [bleep] do i fix this????

Thanks
Paul

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi boyob32 :)
From the GTG Terms of Use;

o.Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

Best suggestion I can make is that if you cannot resolve the issue yourself contact or call into PC world (Advent is their own brand) and ask them for guidance, you will need to take proof of purchase and photo ID with you, good luck.