Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multimedia card reader does not respond copying

• Please log in to reply

programmer4life

programmer4life

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
I have a computer that is just over 1 year old and the multimedia card reader does not seem to work. I know it once did, but now does not.

I put in any card and it reads the files just fine. When I copy or otherwise try to make another copy onto my hard drive, the LED goes out and nothing happens; it simply gets stuck, sometimes copying one or more folders, but no files.

I've tried everything I could think of. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Advertisements

programmer4life

programmer4life

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I've discovered that if I sit and wait a long time, the light comes back on to transfer a small portion of the file, then goes back out. It keeps doing that until the file is finally copied, but takes an unusually long time for a very small sized file (0.99 mb.)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Transferring file from drives within the same computer always seems to take longer than it should. Does the computer work fine otherwise? Have you scanned for malware? Do you have other USB devices connected?