Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard Pop up problem!

• Please log in to reply

blue166

blue166

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Everytime i click on my LOCK keys i.e. Num Lock,Caps Lock,Scroll lock,i get an annoying grey box confirming what i just activated above my taskbar in the bottom right corner

It shows like that but in a grey box with black text,really annoying,stays on screen for around 5 secs,but i want to disable it

Please help

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
This sounds like it could be a feature of XPs Accessibilty Options. Look in the programs list on the start menu for accessibilty options & see if anything in there turns it off. I know there is one option called toggle keys or something, which if enabled, emits a beep whenever the caps lock etc is pressed.

If its not this, then check in add/remove programs in control panel for anything that may be installed on the system that is doing this.

If that doesn't help either, go to the run command on the start menu & type msconfig and press enter. Then select the startup tab & tell me whats listed in the startup programs box (in case theres a 3rd party utility thats responsible.)