- Currently a Win XP OEM is installed, running well, but (using nLite) is only installed for what I needed before GeekU (no help files, etc)
- Different partitions for old games / applications.
- GeekU research is done through a VM, on a different physical drive (not partition). Also, works great.
- 2 physical back-up drives, all internal, not counting external back-up possibilities.
I am considering a total re-installation, and I want to split everything up. So, is it possible to install Windows XP Pro (oem) twice, on 2 different phisical drives inside the same system legally? My plan was,
- Start with a freshly swiped - checked - formatted drive
- Install a "lean" (again, nLite) version of XP SP3
- Validate it & update this to newest KB and add all security layers, maintenance utilities, etc.
- install all my old (stuff that never will need update's anymore anyways)
- Then re-install the same, complete Win Xp OEM licence key to another drive for daily use. Validate this one, etc.
Note 2, The first, "lean" installation will never be used for browsing, MS-update wise. I do not mind re-validating for every OS-swap I make either, a small "con" versus the many advantages.
Essentially, can I install the same OEM-key twice on the same system, legally?
Thank you in advance for your reply!
Edited by Amst3rDamag3, 26 August 2011 - 06:57 PM.