Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hope i'm in the right spot !

• Please log in to reply

Husky430wr

Husky430wr

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi I just stumbled upon this site hope you guy's can help me out, I think I have a problem with a new wordpress site i am just starting on. I am using Optimize Press and only have 1 plugin installed W3 Total Cache. The problem is i was putting in my first post on this site and at the bottom of the post i placed an image it is a button just a png image with no link. In the post editor I clicked on the image to edit It and there was the image in the editor with this nomenclature under it

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetuer velit pretium euismod ipsum enim. Mi cursus at a mollis senectus id arcu gravida quis urna. Sed et felis id tempus Morbi mauris tincidunt enim In mauris. Pede eu risus velit libero natoque enim lorem adipiscing ipsum consequat. In malesuada et sociis tincidunt tempus pellentesque cursus convallis ipsum Suspendisse. Risus In ac quis ut Nunc convallis laoreet ante Suspendisse Nam. Amet amet urna condimentum Vestibulum sem at Curabitur lorem et cursus. Sodales tortor fermentum leo dui habitant Nunc Sed Vestibulum. Ut lorem In penatibus libero id ipsum sagittis nec elit Sed. Condimentum eget Vivamus vel consectetuer lorem molestie turpis amet tellus id. Condimentum vel ridiculus Fusce sed pede Nam nunc sodales eros tempor. Sit lacus magna dictumst Curabitur fringilla auctor id vitae wisi facilisi. Fermentum eget turpis felis velit leo Nunc Proin orci molestie Praesent. Curabitur tellus scelerisque suscipit ut sem amet cursus mi Morbi eu. Donec libero Vestibulum augue et mollis accumsan ornare condimentum In enim. Leo eget ac consectetuer quis condimentum malesuada. Condimentum commodo et Lorem fringilla malesuada libero volutpat sem tellus enim. Tincidunt sed at Aenean nec nonummy porttitor Nam Sed Nulla ut. Auctor leo In aliquet Curabitur eros et velit Quisque justo morbi. Et vel mauris sit nulla semper vitae et quis at dui. Id at elit laoreet

What the heck is that i don't know where it came from or what it is does anyone here know??
Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Husky430wr,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

What the heck is that i don't know where it came from or what it is does anyone here know??

That is called Greeking!

In publishing and graphic design, lorem ipsum (or simply lipsum) is standard placeholder text used to demonstrate the graphic elements of a document or visual presentation, such as font, typography, and layout. Lipsum also serves as placeholder text in mock-ups of visual design projects before the actual words are inserted into the finished product.

Following is a link that will explain it in detail for you.

Greeking

Are you familiar with the idiom, "It's all Greek to me?" That's where it originated from I believe.

Hope that explains it for you!

Have a nice day!

Donna :unsure:

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Lorem Ipsum in itself doesn't mean anything. It's a stock piece of latin-sounding language designed to demonstrate how content in the page would typically look under the currently selected font. It can be replaced, in fact it would need to be replaced, otherwise your site won't be very informative :)

The phrase, "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" has a similar function: It is to demonstrate all 26 letters of the English alphabet, and has other uses, namely testing all 26 lettered squares on your keyboard for one.

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Hi Husky430wr, you are in the right place :)

What you describe is (sometimes) called Greeking as DonnaB said, but the actual text is in miss-spelled latin. :yes:
To quote Wikipedia

In publishing and graphic design, lorem ipsum is placeholder text (filler text) commonly used to demonstrate the graphics elements of a document or visual presentation, such as font, typography, and layout. The lorem ipsum text is typically a section of a Latin text by Cicero with words altered, added and removed that make it nonsensical in meaning and not proper Latin.[1] A close English translation of the words lorem ipsum might be "pain itself" (dolorem = pain, grief, misery, suffering; ipsum = itself).

:unsure: