Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Live Messenger/Mail Fuzzy Text

• Please log in to reply

shadow17

shadow17

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Hey everyone
i hope you are all doing fine

i have encountered a problem for the first time after upgrading windows live essential from 2009 to 2011 latest one and found out whenever i type or hover my mouse on the contacts the text becomes all fuzzy and sometimes the text disappear , this is also happening in windows mail . I have tried several solutions online like repair windows essential , uinstall and reinstall it back but couldnt find a proper one to fix mine

i have attached two files as an example
looking forward to your reply
thanks

My Operating System is : Windows 7 Home premium 64 Bit

Graphics : Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Ram : 2 GB

Untitled.png
fuzzy text.png

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
shadow17.
Sorry you have waited longer than we would wish for a reply.
I have arranged for your Waiitng room post to be marked as dealt with.

This is NOT an uncommon problem.
Normally encountered on the AMD etc family of graphic cards when the Catalyst Control Centre has a facility for enabling "Morphological filtering" once this is unchecked the problem appears in many cases to have been resolved.
However I have not found any apparent reports of it occurring on laptops with the Intel Graphics chipset.

Another solution maybe the installation of this reliability update which was released to address a number of minor issues relating to various matters including graphics.
Here is the link please check if you have this update installed and if not please do so.UPDATE

KB2454826
http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=4895

After trying that and if no success, please go to the manufacturers site for the laptop and download any latest driver for the graphics, then test again please.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 09 September 2011 - 02:19 PM.

shadow17

shadow17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
hey its alright

i have tried the 1st solution by updating but sadly when i try to run the set up it says "this update not applicable to your computer"

and 2nd solution i have tried it before posting downloaded the latest drivers but i click the set up it says its not validated

are there any other solutions??

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
That update

i have tried the 1st solution by updating but sadly when i try to run the set up it says "this update not applicable to your computer"

is for Windows 7 64bit systems which you say you have.

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2454826)

Windows 7 Home premium 64 Bit
However I did advise checking first to see if you already have the update installed.

please check if you have this update installed

So would you please confirm that you are on a 64bit and do you already have the update installed.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 10 September 2011 - 11:21 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thought this may assist.
You may well have known already so please do be insulted.
You will I hope appreciate that I have no way of knowing at this stage your computer knowledge level.
If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, there are two methods to determine whether you are running a 32-bit or a 64-bit version. If one does not work, try the other.

Method 1: View System window in Control Panel
  • Click StartPosted Image, type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list.
  • The operating system is displayed as follows:
  • For a 64-bit version operating system: 64-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
  • For a 32-bit version operating system: 32-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
Method 2: View System Information window
  • Click StartPosted Image, type system in the Start Search box, and then click System Information in the Programs list.
  • When System Summary is selected in the navigation pane, the operating system is displayed as follows:
  • For a 64-bit version operating system: x64-based PC appears for the System type under Item.
  • For a 32-bit version operating system: x86-based PC appears for the System type under Item.

shadow17

shadow17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I have checked its not installed used the search button also

and yes i a windows 7 home premium 64 bit i should have mentioned that before

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
You did , on your first post, mention the O/S and that is why if it was not already installed I cannot understand why it reports that is not applicable to your system.

Also in view of this

and 2nd solution i have tried it before posting downloaded the latest drivers but i click the set up it says its not validated

which I take it does mean the graphics driver, will you please provide me with the full make and model of the laptop and the driver you tried to install when you received this message. or am I mistaken and this refers to the update for Windows 7 - which requires validation.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 10 September 2011 - 07:42 PM.

shadow17

shadow17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Manufacturer : Toshiba

Model : Personal Computer

Processor : Intel®Celeron® CPU [email protected] 2.19GHZ

Graphics : Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

i have downloaded this from Intel website

Driver that i wanted to install : Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7* 64, Windows Vista* 64 (exe)

http://downloadcente...oadType=Drivers

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I think your problem maybe the download from the Intel site.
I actually needed

will you please provide me with the full make and model of the laptop

As of course I cannot trace it from just Toshiba.

However what I can tell you is that you should never install the generic driver from the Intel site.
You should always use the one offered on the Toshiba site.
The only exception to that is if the computer for instance a desktop, had a specific Intel card added.

This is from the INTEL site for the particular driver you were trying to download

Usage:

These software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer.
Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

You need to go to the Toshiba site.

shadow17

shadow17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Full specification :
http://za.computers....DUCT_ID=1080273

Here is the list of drivers i can download but i am not sure what to download display or not (the date of the latest display driver is 2009 which is outdated)

http://za.computers....selShortMod=930

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
The first one to download and install is the graphics driver you installed from Intel in your post 8.
It really does not matter that the one on the Toshiba site is older.
The important point is as I have stressed that the one from Intel may well not be the right one for your computer.

Then you need to download ANY driver from Toshiba that is newer than the one you have.
I notice particularly that there is a registry patch and also a new TEMPRO download.

Please ensure that on the Toshiba site you do of course select the correct operating system. ie the 64 bit.

Having done that, go back to Windows Update and see if any non-critical updates offered may apply to this situation.

Also please check if this Microsoft advice applies to that Intel driver
http://support.micro....com/kb/2505524

Edited by Macboatmaster, 12 September 2011 - 08:37 AM.

shadow17

shadow17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
the one in the Toshiba for display drivers is the same one i have

i downloaded the register patch and nothing got solved

Tempro i got is version 3.0

and when i try to use the Microsoft fix it it says there is a problem with the windows package installer

any other possible solutions? can it be one of the graphic property options that need to enabled or disabled?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Regarding the graphics option, I have no particular knowledge of the problem with those graphics.

Are you using IE or Firefox

If you are using IE open a search box and type
"iexplore -extoff" without quotes.

Try now and how are the graphics please.

If you are using Firefox, open Firefox, click the Help tab - restart with add-ons disabled.

shadow17

shadow17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
i am using firefox and i have done what you said

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
So is it still the same please