Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avenue "A"?

• Please log in to reply

oopsDIDitAGAIN

oopsDIDitAGAIN

• Pip
  • 9 posts
was wondering,after following the netsky32 virus,all was good..eveerything seemed pretty quick including the internet connection..went to log on the internet and avg came up w/ a warning about avenue a or something,well i thought i clicked no,but i guess not now everytime i surf it seems to take twice as long to load the page...

has anyone got an idea of what im talking about or a solution

i have tried avg
adware
spybotS&D,but nothing is found?????

thank you for your time

Advertisements

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Press ctrl+alt+del to bring up the task manager. Verify if there is a process called avenue.exe if so, you may check out http://www.auditmypc...cess/avenue.asp

This means you possibly have a worm called Paved. You would need to go to the Malware forum and get help from a Malware Expert.

Greazy Mcgeezy

oopsDIDitAGAIN

oopsDIDitAGAIN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thanx for the tip...there is something called avenue a right,or something of that nature......didnt see avenue a..swew..what would the user name be under processes?

peace

mohsin

mohsin

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
its same as greazy said man .. paved name virus .is it not detected usually

Guest_yezpahr_*

Guest_yezpahr_*
Did you say: AVG?? Do you refer to Anti-Virus GOLD??? That is the worst infection I have ever heard of!! (mostly because it is the ONLY infection I have ever had)

The program instals itself fromout nowhere and it is hard to delete. I never promted to install that program and it installed itself including lots of other spyware. Thanks to this forum, I could delete the program yesterday, but I kept the background. After some personal tweaking, which I will not reveal due to authority problems, I managed to delete the background.

Greazy

Greazy

IT Professional

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I'm hoping that he's talking about the AVG Free, not Anti-Virus Gold, two diff programs, however both are virus scanners. AVG Free is actually a pretty decent one made by Grisoft. Maybe you should check it out at:

http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php

But if you are convinced that this is a malware issue, please move your post to the Malware Forum.

Greazy Mcgeezy

Edited by Greazy, 01 June 2005 - 01:24 AM.

Guest_yezpahr_*

Guest_yezpahr_*
Well, at school I had to clean out a computer that was infected with tons of spyware (really tons, it was an infection that really smashed the harddisk, I had to replace the harddisk, infect the pc again and then clean it again. One of the infections was AVG. I think THAT one kept creating the stuff I deleted. And when I killed AVG on start-up and at services everything kept clean, I could then HTIMAN-PRO my way out of that [bleep], but kept the flashing background. I found my way to delete it, but this topic is now seen as Malware stuff, so it's outside my authority.