Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant figure out how to find out which issue I have

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Fubaz

Fubaz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So i noticed my Point of Sale machine running windows xp was running really slow, so I decided to run my spyware doctor, and it said it was disabled.
I then tried to re enable it, and I was unable to do that.

I then went to google the issue and a page called b00kmarks came up. (the 0s were eyes) So I tried to search another page and saw the it was showing the right URL but something lcoally was trying to find slicksearchserver.com

I then tried to install ad aware, it will install but not connect to server.
I then tried installed StopZilla, it will install but not initialize because it can not connect to server.

I then tried running stinger.exe and it will close it self out after it tries to scan smss.exe

there is some weird # in my task manager listed at 2054516413:1116834437.exe than I can not close

also when I boot windows Xp and i log in, it states that Windows has recovered from a serious error.

Can anyone give me some guidance on what to do to remove this? I am unable to just format and re install because the company i got my POS system from wont guide me through the set up again, and they didnt give me Windows XP SP3 Cds.

Lookinf forward to your responses.

Also please not i did try and google my issues, but was unsuccessful.

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi. :)

I apologise for the delay. If you still require assistance merely acknowledge this post, thank you.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.