Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking failed or overvoltage failed ?

• Please log in to reply

JDcompy

JDcompy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Last night, I went to bed with the computer on (as I always do). This morning I awoke and the computer was sitting on the motherboard splash screen (like when it boots up) but did not move. So I rebooted. The computer rebooted and sat at the mother board splash screen indefinitely. I let the computer sit off for a bit and unplugged my external hard drives connected by usb, and then rebooted again.

The computer went past the motherboard splash screen and gave me this message:

"Overclocking failed or overvoltage failed, press F1 to run setup, press F2 to load default values and continue."

I don't really know what overclocking is so I'm pretty sure I haven't overclocked the computer? At least not on purpose.

It's an asus mother board with a Brand New (installed yesterday) hard drive. Pentium 4 3ghz, 1024mb ram.

What should I do?

thank you,

(I did try posting on another forum but they were no help there- hopefully you guys are the real deal!)

Advertisements

JDcompy

JDcompy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
:)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hello,

Does the computer boot at all still or is it only stuck on this screen?

If it boots and allows you to enter BIOS, try setting it to Failsafe Defaults and restarting again.

Cheers