Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motherboard compatible for HP Pavilion P6210Y?

• Please log in to reply

Jana Frazer Bald

Jana Frazer Bald

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI! I am looking on here to see if, by chance, there is a motherboard that is compatible with the current motherboard that came with my HP Pavilion P6210Y NY545AAR? I would like for it to work with the recovery discs and Windows 7.

When I called HP support, I was told that I am out of warranty and that it would cost me between $50-$100 for phone support. That would not cover any parts. Absolutely ridiculious. My mother bought this computer for my sons a little over a year ago for school work. I am so disappointed in HP.

Thank You for your advice and/or help! :)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,799 posts
Hi Jana Frazer Bald :)
Can you explain why you feel that you may need a new motherboard, have you been told this and if so by who.
If you let us know what has happened with your computer we may be able to offer you an alternative solution!
Please be aware that it is highly unlikely that a replacement motherboard will function with the same recovery disks.