Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can only connect to a local connection from my laptop

• Please log in to reply

saniya8987

saniya8987

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi,

I'm not entirely certain what has happened to my laptop but I was away for 2 weeks and came back a few days ago to find that my laptop doesn't connect to the wireless connection anymore. I know that the connection works because I can use it on my mobile and my housemate can still use it so I have concluded that it has something to do with my laptop. I'm currently using my phone's connection to get online.

My laptop does connect for the internet for anywhere between 5 - 40 minutes before it goes back to being connected locally when I restart my laptop. I have tried everything (from what I read online) to get it to work again, however it doesn't seem to work. I have found that the 6TO4 Adapter and the Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 both have yellow exclamation marks next to them with Code 10 and Code 31 errors. I'm not entirely certain what those adapters do or what those errors mean so I don't know what I can do to fix them. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who could help me with this problem.

If you require any further information please feel free to ask.

Thank you

Advertisements