Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

No supplemental discs

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have an elderly Hp Pavillion a1000y desktop. Had a virus. removed virus. Could not get online. decided to retore completely with the 11 system recovery discs I have, Did so. Now, when I boot it demands supplemental discs. I do not have. i can start in safe mode and get desktop- but no matter what restore I do- full and complete, it demands suplemental. Is there any way out?

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi, unless you can find someone willing to lend the supplemental disc to you the only way is to purchase it.....try ebay

good luck :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
It does indeed appear that the Recovery software is no longer supplied by HP.
However before you consider buying from the ebay advert, which I am not in anyway criticising, you may wish to explore the information on this link.

If the hard drive still has the recovery partition, then you can recover from there using the F10 key on booting.

However, perhaps more useful at this stage would be some further information as to what exactly you have in Safe Mode.
It may be an issue relating to something installed since the computer was first sold.
For example an added piece of hardware etc., which is not used when booting in Safe Mode, which loads a minimum set of drivers and services.

It may as I said transpire that the Ebay offering is the way to go, but of course as the seller states there is no guarnatee and no return.