Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant connect - file error

• Please log in to reply

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hi guys,↲↲

first of all i appologise for grammatical errors as im on my phone.↲↲

i turned my laptop on and it set up fine. I then started up my net with the program running fine but couldnt connect to the net, which i know there's nothing wrong with as im on the net fine on my phone and others laptop. I tried clearing my data via ccleaner but i got the error: file system error (-1073741521). It happens with any .exe files. I then tried starting in safe mode but the load froze and i tried a few times and it did the same. I thought i would do a format from my particion drive but it didnt load. I then tried it from cd but again no luck. I also then tried to run a drive scanner but came up with another error: consent ui for aministrative applications stopped working and was closed. ↲

I have tried doing a disk check via cmd with admin privlidges but get the same file system error.↲

Im on vista home premium sp2. 32 bit.↲

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.↲

P.s. I have also done system restores with no sucess.

Advertisements

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
i finally got safe mode working and disabled user account control. This fixed the file systed error and can run .exe files, however the problem occurs again as soon as i turn the user account back on. I still cant acess the internet though.

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
sorry for another post, i cant edit from my phone. I tried boot from my toshiba product recovery cd but get an error: setenv file x:\setenv.ini or x:\tools\setenv.ini not found.↲

I also tried from my vista cd but my product key is worn away.

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
With the vista cd: windows cannot open the required file e:\sources\install.wim. The file does not exist. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070002

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Have you tried a system repair (instead of restore)?