Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help With Windows XP Partition

• Please log in to reply

dyslexic

dyslexic

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I just have a few questions.

I created an 15GB partition for XP and installed it yesterday. Now My Computer is showing the drive to have only 2.85GB free. I have my page file on this drive (C:/) but i will be changing it soon. Also, All the visible folders on the C:/ drive total up to be 5.83GB. Thats with hidden folders showing. So what is taking up the extra 10 gigs?

How can I make the temp folders on another drive?

I have programs on a different partition so is there any way to change the default installationg path of programs? I am thinking the individual program installers control this but I should ask anyways.

I had to set the access mode on my drive to the "Large" setting even though when it uses CHS when on auto, but Large is the only setting the works, out of Large,CHS,and LBA. Is that setting okay in terms of the best performance option?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements