Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DDWRT Multiple Wifi Choices

• Please log in to reply

Icculus

Icculus

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hello,

I am trying to set up a home network. I have a Linksys E3000 router with DDWRT installed on it.

I would like to have 3 separate broadcast networks.

Network 1: g or b/g. Password protected. Call it "Network"
Network 2: g or b/g. Unbridged, not protected, with bulk internet access. "FreeWiFi"
Network 3: n. Password protected, bridged to network 1. "NetworkTurbo"

I believe the way I have it set up should work, however I do not see a broadcast SSID for NetworkTurbo.

Network and NetworkTurbo are set up as a regular interface 192 168 1 1/24. FreeWiFi is set up as a virtual interface as 192 168 2 1/24.

Wireless SSID is enabled for all of these. Is the virtual interface for FreeWifi getting in the way of NetworkTurbo from broadcasting itself? Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks as always!

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hello,

For Network 3, try giving it a different IP range. Sounds to me like they might be not able to connect both 1 and 3 with the same IP range?

Cheers