Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

DDWRT Multiple Wifi Choices

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

I am trying to set up a home network. I have a Linksys E3000 router with DDWRT installed on it.

I would like to have 3 separate broadcast networks.

Network 1: g or b/g. Password protected. Call it "Network"
Network 2: g or b/g. Unbridged, not protected, with bulk internet access. "FreeWiFi"
Network 3: n. Password protected, bridged to network 1. "NetworkTurbo"

I believe the way I have it set up should work, however I do not see a broadcast SSID for NetworkTurbo.

Network and NetworkTurbo are set up as a regular interface 192 168 1 1/24. FreeWiFi is set up as a virtual interface as 192 168 2 1/24.

Wireless SSID is enabled for all of these. Is the virtual interface for FreeWifi getting in the way of NetworkTurbo from broadcasting itself? Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Thanks as always!

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts

For Network 3, try giving it a different IP range. Sounds to me like they might be not able to connect both 1 and 3 with the same IP range?