Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Folder Windows/ Desktop Not Resoponding

• Please log in to reply

Scoobiedoo79

Scoobiedoo79

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Guys

Looking for some info over the past few days I have noticed a problem with my win 7 pro machine. Whenever I open a folder or go to work or edit with any files (renaming / deleting etc) the folder or desktop is running really really slow almost 5 seconds slow when clicking on anything or telling it to do anything this culminated in trying to open a JPEG today for the folder i was working from as well as the start bar / menu to lock up and be unresponsive for about 5 mins

So far I have run a full virus scan (Microsoft security essentials) and a spy ware and malware scan (super anti spy ware and malware bytes) all using the most up to date versions and bar a few cookies its not found anything

I am sure I am infected as something has turned off system restore as I went to use it today to see if it would solve the issues and I always leave it on

I have downloaded and installed OTL and have included the OTL and Extras text files and was hoping someone could have a look and see if I have anything dodgy on my machine
Thanks in advance

Pc specs are also Athlon 64 bit duel core 6000+ processor with 4 gb of ram installed as well if that helps

ScoobieDoo

Attached Files

Advertisements