Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need modem driver for Gateway 2000 win me

• Please log in to reply

jujulabbe

jujulabbe

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I'm desperate. I have an old Windows 2000 with a US Robotics modem called Telepath for Windows with 2x technology (something like that-it's Gateway part #6000639).

I upgraded from win95 to me and have lost my modem drivers. I've tried several different drivers...none work.
Read an article that someone found US Robotics Sportster Model #0478 driver and it worked great with ME...can't find that driver either.

None of the drivers on Gateway site work for Win ME.

HELP! I've been at this for days....don't know what to do. Can't dial up to the net.

Thanks sooo much.

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808

First you need to locate your FCC model number or Chipset number:

Then search for the drivers at Support and Downloads.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

That happens to be a TELEPATH ISA MODEM..

The drivers are HERE

You will have to unzip them before you can use them.. The only thing, if the system is pre-1997, then these drivers won't work and you may have to buy a more up to date modem for the system!!

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 31 May 2005 - 09:30 PM.

jujulabbe

jujulabbe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Gee, Guys. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the attention to my issue. What a great site you have here.

OK, Murray, I've downloaded the driver. I am not an expert user, so I sometimes have problems with simple things. When you say, "unzip" before using the modem drivers, I understand that. However, maybe I've been doing it wrong. I've been double clicking on the driver file from wherever it is (desktop, floppy, etc.) and I notice it does it's thing, unzipping to a CAB folder in windows.

Am I doing this right, or is there a way to unzip it and contain it to one place where WIN ME will search it out and find it for the modem?

I know I sound lame, but thanks for your help. I'm certainly gonna try these solutions.

JuJu

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
No problem.. If you know where it is going, simply point your link to that .cab folder when asked for the location of the driver..

Murray

jujulabbe

jujulabbe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks so much for the help. Guess what?...my friend failed to advise that he had actually changed the modem. After all that, he told me he had changed it, so I opened up the machine, pulled the modem part #, downloaded the proper driver from gateway, and VOILA ! Problem solved.
Sorry to bother you, but I can't thank you all enough!

JuJu :tazz: