If your computer came preloaded with Windows 7 then you more than likely wouldn't have received a disc for it.
I'm not going to worry about that missing file right now.
Please run the following scans and let me know how things are running in your next reply.
I see that you have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed on your computer could you please do a scan using these settings:
- Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Select the Update tab
- Click Check for Updates
- After the update have been completed, Select the Scanner tab.
- Select Perform quick scan, then click on Scan
- Leave the default options as it is and click on Start Scan
- When done, you will be prompted. Click OK, then click on Show Results
- Checked (ticked) all items and click on Remove Selected
- After it has removed the items, Notepad will open. Please post this log in your next reply. You can also find the log in the Logs tab. The bottom most log is the latest
ESET Online Scanner
I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET Online Scan
Note: It is recommended to disable on-board anti-virus program and anti-spyware programs while performing scans so there are no conflicts and it will speed up scan time.
Please don't go surfing while your resident protection is disabled!
Once the scan is finished remember to re-enable your anti-virus along with your anti-spyware programs.
- Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked
- When the Computer scan settings display shows, click the Advanced option, the place a check next to the following (if it is not already checked):
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Push the Start button.
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin
scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as
ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Push the button.
Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.