Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel Macro workbook_open() BUG with addins?

• Please log in to reply

lang0477

lang0477

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello guys, I really need your assistance ;)
I wrote a VBA macro do some calculations and I added a splash screen with:

Private Sub workbook_open()
UserForm2.Show
End Sub

now here is the problem, I save my macro as an addin, and enable this add-ins in excel "tool". now if I open an empty(new) excel workbook, everything includes my addin work just fine, my userform2 displays at the begining.
but if I open any existing(saved) workbook that contains data, it will behave like this:
userform2 displays as before, then it disappear as expected(After few second), but there isnt any workbook got opened, the excel window is here and it is gray, i can mannually create a new workbook or click open file button to open other workbook, but it doesnot open the workbook I chose automaticlly after i double click on the workbook icon.

I am pretty sure the problem has something to do with workbook_open sub,
if only I erase this sub, everything will be just fine.

I have searched so many online tutorials but none of them addressed the problem,
anyone knows what might be the reason?
thanks a lot :tazz:

Advertisements

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
same problem in powerpoint

i couldnt get my user form i created in excel to show up in powerpoint (VBA)

i guess it does nt like it

ill look into it further

Stu