Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

upgrading a dell gx270 graphics card

• Please log in to reply

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
so everything i have is ok except for my router? thats what causes wurm unable to play on high graphics?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
My thinking is that the speed of your internet is not allowing the streaming from Wurm to continue in a steady stream and that is what is causing it to not work. Setting the resolution down allows it to continue half way good.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
ok nvm it works perfectly now i just had to turn the frames per second down.
what does the frames per second do/effect?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Exactly what it sounds like. It determines how many frames per second the video card renders. Gamers like the higher frame rates because they say the games look smoother running.

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
well i have a time on my computer a program called timezupkids because my brothers will never get off but one of them found out how to disable it and he played all day yesterday but i know he did something inthe BIOS so is their anyway to block the BIOS from being entered? cuz im pretty sure he changed the date so it would add that dates time.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Most bios can be password protected but be careful if you do this. We have seen numerous people do this and then they forget their password. When that happens we cannot help you recover it. :(

SethWilliam

SethWilliam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
kk ill write it down and hide it but could u tell me how to password protect it

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
there should be a option within the Bios some where that says Set Password or something like that.