Trojan.BHO,Win32 Tracur.Q, .AC issues
Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:47 PM
Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:17 PM
Subject to no further problems
I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems
Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean
A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following
- Then click the Run Fix button at the top
- Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
- Hold down the Windows key + R on your keyboard. This will display the Run dialogue box
- In the Run box, type in ComboFix /Uninstall
(Notice the space between the "x" and "/")
then click OK
- Follow the prompts on the screen
- A message should appear confirming that ComboFix was uninstalled
Run OTL and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself.
We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
- Click Start.
- Open My Computer.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
- Select the View Tab.
- Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Click OK.
Your Java is out of date.
Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.
Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application.
- Go to this site and click Do I have Java
- It will check your current version and then offer to update to the latest version
Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:
Update and run weekly to keep your system clean
Download and install FileHippo update checker and run it monthly it will show you which programmes on your system need updating and give a download link
It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated. To keep your operating system up to date visit
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?Keep safe
Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:49 PM
Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:39 AM
Then disable script execution in IE
Go to control panel > internet options and select the advanced tab
Place a tick in disable script debugging ( both IE and Other
OK out and restart internet explorer
Let me know if that helps
Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:50 PM
Edited by Shiftella, 16 September 2011 - 04:09 PM.
Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:12 PM
Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:21 PM
Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:27 AM
Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:06 PM
Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:08 AM
I will have a rummage around and see if I can find any possible solutions
Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:43 PM
Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:29 PM
Uninstall IE8, reboot and then check if you still get the slowdowns if not then reinstall IE8
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users