Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Canon memory card problem

• Please log in to reply

taylor15

taylor15

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I hope I'm posting this in the right section. Here is my problem: I have a Canon 550D which I bought last month with a 8GB memory card. I haven't had any problems with it until today. When I go on my camera to preview photos I get a message 'Cannot playback image'. I put the memory card in my laptop as I usually do but when I went on it I only found about 120 pictures when I had around 400. When I try and open a picture it says that it's damaged. I'm really worried that my pictures might be lost because I haven't saved them anywhere. Is it possible that that could be the problem? I also read that rotating the images and saving them on the card might cause it which my mom happen to might have done. Can you help me? Thank you

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi taylor15 :)
I can`t help you with the card itself but check out the various software at the attached link one of them may be able to retrieve your pictures http://www.snapfiles...tarecovery.HTML
Good luck and let us know how it works out.