Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video enhancement software

• Please log in to reply

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
hello all,

does anyone know about some free video enhancement software?
we had some people break in to our place over the weekend and we want to be able to see there faces.
we got 680 tvl camera's but still can recognize there faces when i zoom in.

does any one have any tips?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
If you're looking for something like you'd see on CSI, it simply doesn't exist. The problem is the closer you zoom, the less data you have to work with. Each image is only made up of a limied number of individual colored pixels. While you might be able to play with contrast and sharpening with an image editing program like Photoshop, but you can't magically create more data (like you would get from a higher res camera).

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

If you're looking for something like you'd see on CSI, it simply doesn't exist. The problem is the closer you zoom, the less data you have to work with. Each image is only made up of a limied number of individual colored pixels. While you might be able to play with contrast and sharpening with an image editing program like Photoshop, but you can't magically create more data (like you would get from a higher res camera).

i'm not looking for magic :unsure:
i'm looking for like a free version of photoshop with a license that doesn't expire, i was hoping someone here has some suggestions.

and its for video dont want to do frame by frame editing :)

Edited by dennisK16, 13 September 2011 - 05:53 PM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I don't know of any free video editing tools that would give you the enhancement options you want. Maybe someone else will. However, you could do a screencapture and then use an photo editing program. Windows Live Photo Gallery allows you to adjust detail, contrast, reduce noise, etc.

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
thnx admin i will try it out