Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copying Pictures

• Please log in to reply

lovemyjob

lovemyjob

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, and thank you to the volunteers of this website. I have a Dell Inspiron 8500, I bought in 2002. The problem I have is copying pictures.

My wife and I took pictures of our daughter with a Kodak easy share C143. We uploaded these pictures onto the laptop in a folder titled pictures. We've taken several pictures, at least 2,000.

Recently when I put in 16 gb ativa flash drive to copy these pictures and upload these in to my wifes desktop mac, I was not able to do so, whereas before I could.

I've copied and pasted these pictures at least twice before. Here is the message I get when I try to copy, which it will not allow me to do.

"error copying file or folder make sure you specify the correct path and file name"

Can someone please help me with an answer? Thank you

Edited by rshaffer61, 16 September 2011 - 02:48 PM.
Removed email for privacy and security

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi lovemyjob :)

Recently when I put in 16 gb ativa flash drive

If it is a new drive and has no data on it try formatting and renaming it, drive H or K for example http://www.ehow.com/...lash-drive.html