Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing dll

• Please log in to reply

butchboss

butchboss

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have a windows xp 2gb emachine i uninstalled something i shouldnt of ,, well when i turn computer on my screen is there n it says,,,explore.exe-unable to locate componoent this application has failed to start because normaliz.dll was not found.reinstalling the application may fix this problem how do u reinstall it when i have nothing on my screen???

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You will have to do a repair install of windows XP.

http://pcsupport.abo...stxprepair1.htm

SRX660

butchboss

butchboss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
im wondering,, about a disk? is this called a fresh install? i was wondering where i would find a xp repair disk? i have back-up disks but when i put them in they dont do anything?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The difference between a repair install and a fresh install is that a repair install fixes only the windows Operating System files, while a fresh install completely installs the OS. A repair install leaves your files and programs on the computer. A Fresh install wipes everything off the drive then installs a brand new OS system on the drive. What i have seen with some repair installs is that some software that added DLL's and other files to the system that are changed with the repair, making the software not work or crash. So then you need to reinstall the software anyway. It depends if you want to try saving the files off the hard drive.

The disk to use is a standard Microsoft Windows XP disk. The manufacturer's website should have all the drivers you will need for that particular computer model. Ask around your friends and you should be able to find someone who has a XP CD you can use.

SRX660