Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New router, friend changed stuff acidentally, now i cant connect?

• Please log in to reply

djbrag

djbrag

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
One of my friends came over the other day and logged onto our house router. for some reason it gave him the security access to ask him if he wanted to create a password for our internet system. we have never set up one before, it was an open connection. after this happened my roomate, Oliver, lost internet connection and cannot re-connect to our router. i tried typing in our new password (which our friend accidentally created) using the [control panel->networking->internet options->add network button]. still, it will not connect. We even had him come over and look at Oliver's computer to see if he could fix it. i have fought off viruses, got rid of mal-ware, but ive never dealed with internet connection issues lol. we are using a wireless connection. mine works fine because i am using a hard line. my other roomate can get connection via wireless as well, its just Oliver who cannot connect. Is there any ideas you guys have to help me figure out this problem?

Advertisements

JezXYZX

JezXYZX

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey dude, i was messing with my bt home hub yesterday trying to sort my comp issues out, in my hub manager there is an admin password option on it, to reset this you must put a pin into the hub itself, on the side of my hub there's a reset button, accessed only by putting a pin into the hole & holding it there until it switches off, i'm not a pro but u might want to look into this option if u have it?

djbrag

djbrag

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
We did, we re-set the password from the dude who messed it up. It's works fine it's just my friend who cant connect for some reason, i think it might be an internal problem with his comp. i will try to re-set the password again tho and see if it works!