Welcome to Geeks To Go
. I am Jack&Jill
, and I will be helping you out.
Before we go further, there are a few things that I would like to make clear so that we are share the same understanding.
- Any advice is for your computer only and is taken at your own risk. Fixes sometimes will cause unexpected results, but I will do my best to assist you.
- Please read the instructions carefully and follow them closely, in the order they are presented to you.
- If you have any doubts or problems during the fix, please stop and ask.
- All the tools that I will ask you to download and use are safe. Please allow if prompted by any of your security softwares.
- Do not use or run any malware cleaning tools without supervision as they may cause more harm if improperly used.
- Refrain from installing any new programs except those that I request during the fix to prevent interference to my diagnosis of the problem.
- Lack of malware symptoms does not mean your computer is clean. Stick to this topic until I give the All Clear.
- If you do not reply within 3 days, this topic will be closed.
If you are agreeable to the above, then everything should go smoothly
. We may begin.
Please download DDS
from one of the links below and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2Link 3Please disable any script blocker before running DDS.
- Double click on the dds file and a command window will appear. This is normal.
- Shortly after, two logs will appear:
- A window will open instructing you to save and post the logs.
- Save the logs to a convenient location such as your desktop.
- Copy the contents of both logs and post them in your next reply.
Please download aswMBR
and save it to your desktop. Click here.
- Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily. They will interfere and may cause unexpected results.
- If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.
- Double click the aswMBR.exe file to run it. If you are asked to download an antivirus software, please allow.
- Click on the Scan button to start. The program will launch a scan.
- When done, you will see Scan finished successfully. Please click on Save log and save the file to your desktop.
- Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.
Please post back:
1. the DDS logs (DDS.txt and Attach.txt)
2. aswMBR result