Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changing Speakers from 5.1 to 2.0.. ? hmm

• Please log in to reply

NayNay1991x

NayNay1991x

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey, I went to my local retailer today and at the moment I have 5.1 Speakers (Logitech Z506) now ive had these a Week and have had this Constant tiny buzzing noise whilst no sound is playing? I came across the Creative GigaWorks T40 2.0 Speakers and when I plugged phone in through Audio-In I was amazed at for 2.0 speakers how rich the bass was and quality? I dont know whether to exchange these for the Gigaworks.. hmm I also love the design too :)

Any ideas what I should do

T40 Series II Gigaworks: http://www.google.co...ved=0CGIQ8wIwAA

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
While the gigaworks outputs 16 watts the logitech puts our 75 watts. From a distance the gigaworks will sound tinny and distort at elevated sound volumes. If you are getting a buzzing sound there is a connection problem somewhere. Weak ground or loose connectors can cause this. Plug the speaker system onto your stereo(if you have one)or a boombox and see if the buzzing is still there. If so, then it's the speakers, if not then its the sound card on your computer. Trying another speaker system on the computer and still getting a buzzing confirms the sound card( chipset) is the problem. Also make sure the microphone is turned off on the computer and the speakers are not too close to the monitor. Some sound cards have a boost software that can cause this so that needs to be turned off in the sound card properties.

SRX660