Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not access Guest acct.

• Please log in to reply

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi. :)

I'm hoping someone here could graciously help me solve this problem on my Vista Home Premium.

When I click on the Guest acct. to log on the "thinker" orb spins on the welcome screen and I eventually get a message that states:

Windows could not connect to the SENS Service

Please consult your system administrator

I have googled my brains out trying to find the answer to this and have tried the following:

Starting up the System Event Notification Service. (set on automatic nothing in the status column)

Received the error:

Error 2 System could not find file specified

Checked the Dependencies tab. COM + Event System is set on automatic and started

I even tried to disable the SENS Service, reboot, and start it. No joy.

Checked the above several times and rebooted between every trial.

I can create another limited acct. and can log onto it.
My acct.(Administrator acct.) is fine also.

Any ideas? I'm to the point of over thinking this issue and need fresh ideas to get me back on the right track.

Thank you,

Donna :unsure:

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Did you enable the Guest account? Enable/Disable the Guest Account in Vista

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Ztruker,

Yes. The acct. is enabled. If I disable it and reboot it does not display on the log on screen as an acct. to choose from to log onto.

If I re-enable the acct. it does present itself as a choice to log on to.

I just tried that after I posted just to see if disabling and re-enabling would help.

No joy!

I read here that a user uninstalled Windows Update 905866 Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter March 2007. I don't use windows mail, found the same update had installed just a few days ago and uninstalled it and no joy. But this has been ongoing for a few weeks now. Just never had time to look into it till now really.

I haven't tried anything else in that thread. But I did try sfc /scannow a few days ago since I had time between studies. Nothing was found. Thought I'd better mention that.

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by DonnaB, 18 September 2011 - 08:05 PM.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Mission complete! :)

Used a registry backup! :) Sounds kinda unorthodox to me but it worked! I can now access my guest acct.

:unsure:

Don't 'cha just love Vista! ;) :) :yes:

Thanks again Ztruker!

Donna :)