Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD tcpip.sys HELP!

• Please log in to reply

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Just build a new computer and keep getting BSODs with tcpip.sys errors when running utorrent and youtube or any type of video player such as thekmplayer at the same time. I would appreciate all the help i can get, i am even willing to donate if needed if someone can just help with this. System specs:

removed image containing product id.--ST

crosshair iv extreme, 1100t amd cpu, G.SKILL Ripjaws X + Turbulence II Series 16GB, CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200 psu, ASUS GTX 580, Zalman gs1200 case, Crucial RealSSD C300 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb + 1tb+500gb+335gb.

Edited by SweetTech, 21 September 2011 - 06:04 PM.
removed image containing product id.--ST

Advertisements

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Mods, maybe u can help me out? Anyone?

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Mods can u help please? Anyone?

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did this start when you first turned on the system when you built it or after downloading from Utorrent?

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
This started from the very beginning. I had the same problem before I changed my video card from gtx295 to gtx580, but back then I also had another problem: I couldn't play online multiplayer. So when I intstalled this new video card I reinstalled windows, installed all the drivers and ran BFBC2 and everything was fine. But when I had utorrent on and turned on a movie, it crashed about 2 minutes after, but when I close utorrent and play the same movie, it doesn't crash, so I guess it's the bandwidth or something. Then I downloaded TCP-Z, a program which patches tcpip.sys file and that didn't help either. I have also scanned for viruses - none found. It seems that utorrent is the reason for all the crashes but I don't understand why, my Internet speed is 50mbps.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.

Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes
WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
It didnt ask me for the debugger install, but here is the report:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name: JOSH-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T Processor AMD586, level: 16
6 logical processors, active mask: 63
RAM: 17177956352 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1960329216

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 9/21/2011 5:15:07 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092111-11154-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC40)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880016D65C4)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 9/21/2011 5:15:07 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: e1q62x64.sys (e1q62x64+0x239E9)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880016D65C4)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\e1q62x64.sys
product: Intel® Gigabit Adapter
company: Intel Corporation
description: Intel® Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: e1q62x64.sys (Intel® Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver, Intel Corporation).
Google query: e1q62x64.sys Intel Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Wed 9/21/2011 4:47:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092111-10592-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x9, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880016FA3BF)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 9/21/2011 2:32:47 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092011-9999-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88001733FE2)

On Wed 9/21/2011 2:26:40 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092011-10467-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880016865C4)

On Wed 9/21/2011 2:07:30 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092011-10592-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880017045C4)

On Thu 9/15/2011 2:37:59 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091411-10935-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: e1q62x64.sys (e1q62x64+0x1B990)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x68, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF88011DB0990)
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: e1q62x64.sys (Intel® Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver, Intel Corporation).

On Wed 9/14/2011 4:10:18 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091411-10530-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800172A5C4)

On Wed 9/14/2011 9:42:05 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091411-10436-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: e1q62x64.sys (e1q62x64+0x1B990)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x68, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF88011DBD990)

On Wed 9/14/2011 6:50:56 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091411-10686-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880016AB5C4)

On Wed 9/14/2011 6:34:08 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091411-10608-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880016985C4)

On Wed 9/14/2011 5:46:08 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091411-11372-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x9, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880016C93BF)

On Mon 9/12/2011 5:31:19 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091211-11356-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880016815C4)

On Wed 9/7/2011 3:01:40 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090611-12183-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x16, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880018B717F)

On Wed 9/7/2011 1:39:39 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090611-11965-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x9, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800167D3BF)

Conclusion

51 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 15 are included in this report. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

e1q62x64.sys (Intel® Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver, Intel Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I see two instances where your gigabyte Ethernet adapter driver caused a crash.
Have you gone through Windows update and checked to see if there is a optional update for your Ethernet controller?
If you have then try this below and see if it finds one for you to upgrade.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have to run to work now, so i will finish this later on tonight. I will keep you posted, thanks.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem I will check for your update tonight. :)

Advertisements

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I forgot to tell you, what also is very interesting is that when I try to run 3D Mark Vantage test it fails to start.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
There also seems to be a issue with the OS itself but we will look at that after the Drivermax tells us what all the drivers are that need to be updated. :)

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Ok, so I bought the drivermax pro, it found 19 :) out of date drivers one of which was the network adapter one. Installed all except for the video card driver and one of the hub drivers. Funny thing is that the video card driver that it found wasn't available even on nvidia official website and when I installed it and restarted my computer, I found out that it wasn't installed :unsure:. But anyway, the rest of the drivers (17)))) installed correctly and when I put some movie to download in utorrent I also ran YouTube and a movie in the same time, and it DIDN'T CRASH!!!!! I don't know if it's gonna be the same later on but as of now I haven't gotten any crashes. Also, I wanted to ask you about what you think about 3D Mark Vantage mistake that I get when I try to run tests.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please refresh my memory on the 3d Mark Vantage error. I'm sorry i forgot what it was. :)

Josh Shapin

Josh Shapin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
Well, I'm actually not home now, but I will post a screenshot of the error when I get home.