Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Visual C++ and Adobe; question about svchost.exe

• Please log in to reply

Nenei

Nenei

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
A family member came over and had uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++, which I know are developer tools. Windows Update tried to give me an update for the software I had just removed! I went to RevoUninstaller and I saw components that claimed to be from Microsoft Visual C++, but the publishers are Adobe. I don't have Photoshop (although I did at one point), but I have Flash.
I'm wondering if they are safe to remove.

Posted Image

My question about svchost.exe is, I know they're vital, they are hosts for services. I saw by disabling or stopping certain programs (that are safe to stop/disable), the count of svchost processes went down. On average about 14-15 are running at once, and I don't use all of the services on my computer, so is there any way you can tell me what services I do and don't need?
Windows 7 64-bit, 3GB RAM, wireless network, not a gamer, I don't fileshare, I don't have multiple accounts, and I don't share files and folders in the network. I'm trying to reduce CPU usage and RAM usage, and pagefile usage, and be able to conserve battery power.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisements