Welcome to GeekstoGo
1. What type of image is the chosen desktop background please.
2. Is this a stand alone computer or part of a workgroup please.
3. Please confirm that the O/S is XP
4. Is Active Desktop enabled
Microsoft Windows XP users
- Open the Control Panel
- Open the Appearance and Themes and then the Display icon or just click Display.
- Click the Desktop tab
- Click the Customize Desktop button
- Click the Web tab in the Desktop Items window.
If you wish to enable the Active Desktop, check My Current Home Page
. Add your current home page into your desktop or click New to add another web page or other Active Desktop features. To update the content, click the Synchronize button.
If you wish to disable Active Desktop, make sure all checkboxes in this window are un-checked.
YOU need to ensure it is disabled.
If the above does not work then please post details as asked and we will explore further.
Edited by Macboatmaster, 23 September 2011 - 07:08 AM.