Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my vista needs to run fatser!

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Also when was the last time you opened the system and cleaned it out using a can of compressed air. Pay close attention to the fans and make sure they are turning freely.
When using the compressed air do not let the fans turn freely while blowing them out as this can damage the bearings in them. Make sure all vents are cleared as well as any dust in the PSU by giving it a blast of compressed air.

Advertisements

JULIO1

JULIO1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
I've never really done that. I should though bet id real dusty in there. Should i be upgrading the fans our just leave it as is?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No need to replace fans if they are working correctly.
Since this is a Desktop normally if you are looking at the front of the system the left side should be able to come off once a couple of screws on the back are taken out.
From there just follow my instructions on cleaning out the inside and pay close attention to the fans and especially the CPU fan on the motherboard.
Before reaching into the system make sure to discharge any electric in your body by touching the outside of the case and then keep one hand on the case at all times so no static will build open while you are cleaning out the case.

JULIO1

JULIO1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
ok sir thanks alot for this information youve provided me with right now im out of town but as soon as i get home i will do that. and i will tell you the update! thanks again!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 29 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.