Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Player won't work

• Please log in to reply

bl0ndi316_

bl0ndi316_

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,
Could someone please help me. I installed the latest version of Flash player on my new lap top and it didnt work for any of the websites that use flash player. So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times, but still its not working.
Im not sure what to do next?
Thanks.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Try following these directions for uninstalling flash.

http://kb2.adobe.com...1/tn_14157.html

Installation problems see link below

http://kb2.adobe.com...1/tn_19166.html

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
What if any applications are you using to uninstall the programs on your computer, say like Revo for instance?

Thanks..

turnorburn

bl0ndi316_

bl0ndi316_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

Well its a new computer, so at the moment none.
I usually just search "Programs and Files" button in Start though.

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
What browser are you using and a list of your security applications please..

Thanks..

turnorburn

Is Java enabled?

Edited by turnorburn, 04 October 2011 - 04:51 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
blOndi316_

Your first approach to this problem was given to you in post 2 by zep516.
Uninstall using the first link, reinstall using the information regarding difficulties in doing so in the second link.

The next thing we need to know is
Make and model of computer if branded.
Operating system please - full details of edition and 32 bit or 64 bit.

When you try and access a resource that uses Flash Player what is the message that your receive and does the install of Flash Player apparently run smoothly and is it shown as installed in your list of installed programs.

bl0ndi316_

bl0ndi316_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,
I tried all the steps in those two links and it still doesnt work.
When I try to access the site i want it says..."In order to create or view Calendar, you need a newer version of the Flash Player".

My computer is an emachines EME443 Notebook Series. Windows 7, 64 bit with an AMD E-350 Processor 1.60 GHz
When I download Flash player it says it successfully installed and it exists in my programs list. So I dont know whats going on?

Thanks.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
This is the link you need
http://kb2.adobe.com...0/6b3af6c9.html

bl0ndi316_

bl0ndi316_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Unfortunately, that did not work either. It all just did the same thing as before..

turnorburn

turnorburn

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
And your browser or browsers? are you closing your browsers and any open programs when installing flash?

Thanks..

turnorburn

bl0ndi316_

bl0ndi316_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes i am doing so.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
1. Uninstall using this
http://kb2.adobe.com...1/tn_14157.html
the link was already sent to you on post 2.by Zep516

Are you following carefully the instructions for ensuring that the applications listed are not running.
If you do not the uninstaller will not work.

After running that, run the test here
  • Open the About Adobe Flash Player page to verify that you have uninstalled Flash Player. If you see an information box similar to the one below, Flash Player was not uninstalled:
Posted Image

to ensure that it was uninstalled

Then go to the link here
http://kb2.adobe.com...1/tn_19166.html
and read the items from 1 onwards. headed
1. Determine if you are using a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer on a 64-bit version of Windows

some of what follows is now not applicable as hopefully you have uininstalled on the previous link
Pay particular attention to 4, 6 and 6 and the advanced troubleshooting.

ONLY whilst downloading and installing, both the uninstaller and then the Flash Player, disable your anti-virus.
DO NOT forget to re-enable.

If you are using Firefox, and IE check carefully the instructions for Firefox.

IF AFTER FOLLOWING exactly the advice above, it still does not work proceed as below and send me the URL please.
Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others).

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!" OR YOU CAN RUN THE TEST ANON. without signing up. - you will see that at the end of that screen. The results will still be saved long enough for me to look at them.
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 17 October 2011 - 06:04 AM.

bl0ndi316_

bl0ndi316_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,
Well i read the required specifications and it says I need •2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks.
I have an eMachines eME443 computer that uses an AMD E-350 Processor 1.6GHz
Does this mean I have to install Flash player 9?
Also how exactly would i do that? I tried downloading one from the flash player archives, but i didnt know which was the right one.

Edited by bl0ndi316_, 21 November 2011 - 06:01 AM.