Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSoD Watching Videos/Streams

• Please log in to reply

Memphis Helstron

Memphis Helstron

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been trying to figure out what is causing this issue. While I searched on the web, most people have just turned off Hardware Acceleration and got rid of the problem. I'm trying to figure out if it is my computer itself or if it is truly not in my control. (I do have Hardware Acceleration off). Several moments ago, I have decided to test if this problem still exist or not. With everything updated, I turned on Hardware Acceleration, and in about 1 hour or so I got a BSoD error and crashed. I have since turned it off once again. (I'm talking about Adobe Flash 10 Hardware Acceleration. Not my Video Card itself.)

I'm just trying to find the answer of what is really causing this. I should note, I got this pre FireFox 7 (which was just released several hours ago.) I am able to post 2 dump files I kept. I should have had a lot more, however I use CCleaner and I accidentally erased the previous ones (about 3 I believe.) Again though, I don't expect to really have this issue with Hardware Acceleration turned off. My last BSoD with it On, before I turned it off, was August 6th. My latest one, of me testing if it is fixed or not is September 27th (which was today.) So it does seem like something is causing it. I'm the type of person to worry about things and I just want to find out what is the issue. I do have FireFox 7 now, and if this update really did fix it, than that's groovy.

I should also note I never had any issue with my computer up until this point. Aside from SC2 crashing if I stayed in the game for too long, I had no problem with hardware, as far as I know. If anyone is willing to give me the time to at least try and see I'll be gladly appreciated.

P.S. My computer specs are in my Profile.
P.S.S. Here is the link for the dump files. http://www.sendspace.com/file/mazj4s

Edited by Memphis Helstron, 27 September 2011 - 10:55 PM.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts
Hi and welcome to GeekstoGo, sorry to hear of the problems with your computer.
Your profile indicates the following details for your computer:

Windows XP System Specs: Age: Roughly 3+ years
CPU: Intel i7 920 (2.66 ghz) Quad Core
Mobo: ASUS Rampage II Extreme
Vid Card: xFX GeForce GTX 275
Memory: Corsair 6GB Domhater
HD: WD 10000 RPM 150GB
Sound: SB X-Fi Titanium
Power: Enormous 720 ws

1 This is a powerful machine and its fairly unusual to see one like it running XP..... you have 6GB of Ram so I take it you are running Win XP 64 bit...is that correct?
2 Are you overclocking?
3 Please copy down the exact error code (in full please) when your computer next blue screens and post the details in your reply and we will do our best to help
Regards
paws

Memphis Helstron

Memphis Helstron

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have decided a little while ago when I reformat again, I'll be going to Windows 7. I have also read, and I think my graphics card might have some issues with the new Adobe Flash Player 10. Which is why I'm having issues with BSoD when I have Adobe Flash Player 10's Hardware Acceleration on. I have kept my blue screen viewer I have downloaded when I have tried to get help with it on another site. This computer was originally made for a very high end game called Aion. I have since stopped playing. I should also say it happens with FireFox browser. I'm unsure if it does with IE or not because I do not sure IE what so ever. I must stress again, I never had any issues until Adobe Flash Player updated to 10. There are videos on YouTube that pretty much describes exactly what I experience, and as far as I know I'm not the only one with this issue still.

This has been the only time I have ever had BSoD. If it is my graphics card's computability issue with Adobe Flash Player 10. Than... ugh -.-

1. I believe so but I have OEM and I'm not exactly sure.

2. No, I don't overclock.

3. Here I have copied it over entirely.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: watchdog.sys

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x1000008e (0xe0000001, 0xb8420925, 0xb1eee2e4, 0x00000000)

*** watchdog.sys - Address 0xb8420925, base at 0xb8420000 DateStamp 0x480254ab

I should note that I have turned off the Hardware Acceleration on Adobe Flash Player 10 when I tested it about 3 days ago. I have no problems so far and I don't expect it to happen either. Like I did say in my opening post, it is the only time I get a BSoD and it is always the same error on Blue Screen. I can link you to the YouTube as well to let you see exactly what I experience. I know Adobe even says on there site to turn off Hardware Acceleration, so I believe they know something isn't meshing. I'm just looking to see if it is on my end or if it is just software not really working well. I need to know if it is my Video Card, and I don't have a way to test it either.

Edited by Memphis Helstron, 01 October 2011 - 05:33 PM.