Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Completly out of ideas 100% CPU - new Graphics card .....

• Please log in to reply

ident

ident

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
As some of you may of seen i had a video card issue that was resolved by inserting a new card. Which worked fine untill a restart and now 95% of the time when i boot up this card makes the CPU stick at 100% Any application that opens becomes this 100%. If system idle process is at 99% the CPU monitor is 100%. Process explorer shows interrupts at 100% which is not a process. Googling that a few others had same issue after inserting new cards.

What i have done:

I have installed reinstalled the software/drivers 10 times over. Even with out the software installed problem still persists.

Reinstalled damaged old card and CPU is normal.

Checked for infections

Opened BIO's and looked to change the primary video adapt. ONBOARD makes the bios screen not even show. PCI i think was default, PCI-E is now current.

This is my first time installing a card so am i doing something wrong? A few times the machine will boot normal, or other times will become stable after hours of being opened.

it's a compaq presario sr1639uk
GeForce GT520 1gb DDR3

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
ident

You have posted on this matter here in the Malware forum
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

You have also posted on the same issue here
in the Vista/7 forum to which I have replied and a Moderator - rshaffer61 - after I referred the issue to him, as you had also posted in the Malware forum has advised you.

YOU HAVE now created this thread.
Please do NOT create mutliple threads on the same issue.
As you have posted in Malware and the advice of an expert on those issues is now required, that matter, as the Moderator has advised you takes precedence.
You know from your investigation that evidence of Malware was found.
No ONE Malware analysis or removal program can be relied on to deal with the issue and the advice of an expert is required.
That is why on GeesktoGo, these matters can ONLY be dealt with by an expert, certified as qualified to deal with Malware issues.

Please be patient and wait for an expert to assist you.

I have now asked for this thread to be closed.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 02 October 2011 - 10:18 AM.

ident

ident

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
Macboatmaster i complelty understand multiple threads. How ever i beleive each one is relivent.

Thread one is in the malwaye section because i want to know if i am still infected. Unless you can assist with that then it does not concern this matter. I posted the CPU comments as it may assist an OP.

I waited in the w7/vista section and asked for it to be moved. It had not after a while so created this seperate thread.

Surely you can see when running at 100% CPU all the time i can not spend my life refreshing that page when its gone page 2/3. I accepted it had been missed and i posted wrongly in the wrong section so created this.

If i had seen your reply i would of never created a 3rd thread(yet one is different) but i just missed your reply.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Please do not worry about it.

The pertinent issue is
the post by Moderator - rshaffer61 in this thread.

Thread one is in the malwaye section because i want to know if i am still infected. Unless you can assist with that then it does not concern this matter. I posted the CPU comments as it may assist an OP.

I cannot assist, as it can ONLY be dealt with by a Malware expert..
As rshaffer61 has pointed out - the Malware issue must now take precedence.
Therefore it was of no benefit to start another thread.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Once a issue has been started in the Malware forum we as Techs on this side can no longer pursue anything due to the fact that if there is a active infection then anything we do may cause more of a issue. This is why we stop any technical assistance until the malware issue has been completed.

ident

ident

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts
If i had of known no other help is allowed in other sections then of course i would of not started a new thread. I dont beleive i am infected. I found an infection that was removed and want to check im all clear again.

But thanks for all the help you have kidnly provided.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
No problem at all.
Just wait for the response in the Malware forum and then once you have a clean bill of health, we can proceed to investigate the original problem with the graphics.
All as explained by the Moderator and indeed by myself on the threads and in the two Personal Messages I sent you, which I presume you have seen,, not providing any advice, but explaining the situation to you in detail.