Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

accidentally deleted bookmarks toolbar on Firefox.

• Please log in to reply

GoTexansGo

GoTexansGo

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I was trying to do something and went to the customize toolbar/toolbar layout option, I ended up accidentally getting rid of my bookmark toolbar tabs! The show bookmark toolbar option is checked, and all my bookmarks are still saved but I have no idea how to get them to show up on the toolbar again, as it wont let me drag them or anything.

Edited by GoTexansGo, 02 October 2011 - 07:38 PM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi GoTexansGo,

Did you ever get this resolved?

What version of Firefox do you have?

You say that there is a checkmark next to the Bookmarks Toolbar in the list when you right click on an empty space at the top of the browser?!

Let me know.

GoTexansGo

GoTexansGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
No I havent gotten it resolved,I have the latest version 7.0 or 7.1 or something like that. Yes the bookmark Toolbar is checked, but none of my links/tabs are showing up on the bar, the bar is just blank.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Click on Help in the menu bar then click on About Firefox at the bottom of the list to make sure which version you have.

In customize, did you try to click on the Restore Default Set button in the lower right of the dialogue box to see if that helps?

GoTexansGo

GoTexansGo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I actually couldve sworn that I hit restore to default, but I figured I would double check before coming back here, and dont you know it it worked now that someone is here to help me :)

Thank you very much for responding and helping, it is much appreciated.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Oh my cup has runneth over with joy! That is really good to hear. You know what they say about 2 brilliant minds working together! :yes:

Have a nice day GoTexansGo!

Go Bears......... :)