Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kernel_data_inpage_error BSOD

• Please log in to reply

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I have not yet, no...is registry clean up death to solid state drives just like defragmentation is?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable.
We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there.
Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation

We do not recommend registry cleaners for the above reasons. It is a ongoing discussion here but as a whole GTG does not recommend the use of them.
SSD's should not need defrag and as you said it is not recommended to use it on them.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hmm, alright then, thank you for the information and heads up. Well, all four sticks of ram seem to be fine. I started up with each of them in the first slot, and load each one to the desktop, but didnt try to do anything with it.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Another thing...just a moment ago, my computer just froze for like 30 seconds, like it was going to BSOD again, and then it didnt. Don't know if that helps or not.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try to duplicate whatever caused the issue with each stick and let me know if it happens again. There is a possibility this has corrected itself since we started and may not happen again.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I cant duplicate it. All I was doing was browsing the webcomic Questionable Content. As I have mentioned previously, it doesn't have a trigger. It just happens sometimes.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I realized my 2 posts might have been misleading...the testing of each individual stick went well. The freezing happened after I put all of them back into their original slots.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How long ago did you build the system and is this been happening just recently?
Do you download from torrent sites or visit questionable sites? I'm not implying anything but just getting some background to what the possible causes could be. :)

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I put the system together last wednesday. On Thursday night I think one of SATA ports on my case went bad (Corsair 800D) and corrupted my solid state drive. It wasn't being recognized as a boot device or anything. So I reinstalled windows on it. Then it blue screened a couple of times since then. So I guess I'm still in the initial troubleshooting phase of building an enthusiast PC. I do not use torrents, and I don't go to any site that doesn't not pass my McAffee Site Advisor Chrome extension as well as Comodo's defenses. I have the full suite of Comodo for a year ( I was curious about the difference in paid and free software).

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I don't go to any site that doesn't not pass my McAffee Site Advisor Chrome extension as well as Comodo's defenses. I have the full suite of Comodo for a year ( I was curious about the difference in paid and free software).

I believe you answered your own question already.
The full suite will have more comprehensive protection then the free version.
Just a question since you have the full Comodo suite are you using their firewall and if so did you disable the windows firewall as this may cause a issue.

Advertisements

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
...I did not, and that was stupid of me. Can we still continue the diagnostics, in case it is something else?

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Actually, when I went to turn it off, it was already turned off.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep I'm only giving information and the issue is still being looked at.
When was the last BSOD?
I'm not sure if this will work but please try the below.

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, try the Hitachi DFT CD Image version of the software

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
It was last night, about 20 or so minutes before my first post. And I'll do what you said.

StaticShock5

StaticShock5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
My Solid State's manufacturer isnt on there, its Corsair.