Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 1545 w/Vista will not boot.

• Please log in to reply

xander84

xander84

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same issue on Windows vista. I have a 32 bit dell inspiron (1545) and last night, it froze up as I was working on it and when I do turn it on, I am able to choose the setup function or boot options, fan is running and it seems to be working but then the screen doesn't seem to past the cursor. I have tried everything but I can't seem to get away from the black screen with the blinking cursor. I did a pre-boot assessment and everything passed including the hard drive. Is there anything else I can do to boot my system? Is there a specific order for the boot sequence that I should try?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
It is inappropriate to post your problem in another poster's thread as it detracts from the original poster's problem. While your problem may seem the same, it is not likely you have the same hardware, and you don't have the same operating system or setup. Therefore, I have split your problem to your own thread.