Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Formatting difficulties

• Please log in to reply

acmatters

acmatters

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Suddenly I am having an issue with the formatting being all messed up. When I pull other people's documents into my system, they look fine. But after making edits and re-saving, the page formatting seems to all go away. There is no top margin, headers and footers disappear, etc. Even when I start a new blank doc, the cursor goes to the very top of the page when the margins are all defined at 1". What change did I make that I didn't realize I made? I have closed the program and restarted it, and this still is occurring. Any ideas?

Advertisements

acmatters

acmatters

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I just changed the default settings to 1" margins, and the issue is still there.

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hello acmatters,

Just a thought, but did you maybe double click either the top or bottom margin to "hide" the white space? That will essentially do what you are describing (the cursor seems to move to the top, cannot view headers or footers, etc)

What version of Word are you using?

Try double clicking your margin and see if your headers and footers reappear.

Sincerely,

dm